Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Denial (not the river in Egypt)

Denial (not the river in Egypt)
July 16, 2013 11:51PM
It's trying to have a "normal" week at the new Homestead, and ignore the fact that we still have Maryland to tidy up.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I've enjoyed working in the Studio/Machine shop. This is sort of the home base. It's the model/prototype shop. Though I've had to stop and hook up missing details every hour, I've still enjoyed it and gotten some work done too.

I've literally come up with an assigned place for thousands of things. And, I've encoded that place into my mind. Now it's starting to work like a shop. Thank God! What a haul ...

I also made a memento, one evening; for Kelly. The Triplets were visiting over her Birthday, this year. I'll make these little discs for special occasions. She likes to display them.

"Well, THERE'S YER PROBLEM!" A massive root cluster, right in the way of a needed water drainage project. We've had water draining off the road out front, and cutting thru our yard, like the Mississippi. I cut around this cluster of Yaupon Holly roots, with the trenching tool; and then dragged it out! Argh!!!!! Weights

Well, I used the tractor and chain .... whistling

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2013 04:37AM by barnespneumatic.
July 17, 2013 07:42AM
Gary, I look at your workshop benches and I am lost already! You must have a photographic memory.
Cheers
Neil
July 17, 2013 03:57PM
Don't know Neil - I probably do have some form of it. If I need something - I do see it where it is - or where I last saw it. If I saw something in print - I recall which side of the page and how far down. But - as far as recounting exact wording being asked to "view" something in the picture which had not caught my attention previously ... I don't do that. I don't THINK I do, anyway. hahah.

So; I guess I have "IT" - just not on a COMMERCIAL level. hahahah.

But - it has been a job to place things where they are related to a given task performed in that area .... and then making the collection of components logical first, and then accessible.

I'm running light projects now - to see if they really work. Sort of like wondering if you have a writing desk equipped to write a letter. Just sit down on the chair, open a drawer - if you find paper, pen, and envelopes - that's a start! hahah.

Gary
July 17, 2013 04:30PM
Hi Gary,

It's nice to see you at this stage. It's clear that your shop has been and will be a dynamic thing. Everything needs to be moved or evolved depending on the job at hand and the techniques to be employed.

I'm glad to see you working on the Kubota tractor, or I might say, having some fun with you Kubota...thumbs up

Julio
July 17, 2013 09:19PM
Gary, it's coming together! It's going to be awesome as you get it all sorted and discover that you can go from one operation to the other without having to reconfigure half the shop. And... I still see enough space to set a coffee cup down!
July 17, 2013 10:02PM
That's right Jerry,

I have to get more stuff. winking smiley All those horizontal surfaces are just crying out for coffee cups ....

Sometimes, I work for ten minutes or more; before I have to stop and put up a power cord ... an extra light ... a shelf ... a block to collect like tools. As it gets longer and longer between these side jobs ..... it will get more and more like a real shop.

Some day soon, I will have a newly assembled action to test! Then I'll have to open the window of the shooting shak and blast away! Yay!!!!

Gary
Anonymous User
July 17, 2013 11:04PM
It is impressive to see your new shop coming to order. I know that everything will come around for you and your new location. Nice to hear that you have time to build again.
July 18, 2013 08:52AM
That there Shop already has that lived in look. I recognized a lot of tools all except big green box (looks like ammo can) with sand in it? Also the other box with in line pneumatic filter maybe micro sandblastit ! Glad you survived torrents of rain .Were getting heat wave in Mich .97deg is HOT for us up here. Keep up good attitude you'll be done soon with northern trips !

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021