Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Dragons!

Dragons! Slain!!! The Castle is Sav-ed"
March 19, 2009 03:03PM
I'll put the new additions here at the top of the post. Due to popular demand, da da dahhhhhHHHH!!!!!! The Dragon has been slain.

Dragons1.jpg

I figured a Dragon deserved an proper medieval weapon, so I took down one of my copper pipe 12th century PCP guns, from the early days of amusing myself in the shop during the knife years. I also choose a wooden "bolt" for the deed.

Dragons2.jpg

The gun will produce about 50 fpe on 120 psi (as I recall). My handy shop line only wanted to fill to 85 psi today. It was enough. grinning smiley

Dragon4.jpg

I got off a couple of good shots, and a couple of near "clips"

Dragons3.jpg

Decided it needed an armored tip! And, as you see ... while it skewed some ... it still packed a whollop!

Dragons7.jpg

And ... took down the beastie!!! (All Cheer!!!! The Castle is Safe Once More!!!!!)

Previous post material follows: .......

Well, the duct seal was just sitting there after I opened the shop this am. whistling

No fear ... This was a quick dragon ... I opened the shop, made the dragon, photographed it, and the coffee was still hot in the cup! haha.

Dragon.jpg

Now, I had to photoshop the pic anyway to post. hehe. So, I couldn't resist sliding some of the controls. grinning smiley heheh

Dragon2.jpg

Dragon3.jpg

Dragon4.jpg

Now ... I just have to think of some suitable way to blast the critter! haah.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 08:37PM by barnespneumatic.
March 19, 2009 03:06PM
Man, I knew there would be trouble when Kent posted the Ballistic Bear. artist Good work.

Dragons need to be on the receiving end of sharp, pointy objects. How about some darts? idea

-- Jim
March 19, 2009 03:23PM
Hi Jim,

I sent Kelly these three pics for her to print for our Triplet granddaughters. Kelly's visiting them in Arz. ya know. She says ... you are NOT going to shoot that cute thing are you? hahaha. She said if she worked for 12 hours on one ... if would look like a "Puffalump". hahahha. And she said ... ".... and I'd be the only one that knew it was a Puffalump" .... rolling happy smiley I got a good belly laugh out of that. hahahahah.

Darts huh? Hey ... maybe a Trebuchet!!!

Gary
March 19, 2009 04:09PM
SHOOT IT!!! SHOOT IT!!! scared
March 19, 2009 05:09PM
But wait, what did St George use? Doesn't Gary have to get on his horse and charge this fire-breathing beast with a sword or a lance? excited
March 19, 2009 06:23PM
Fire Breathing!!!! Oh Course!!

I didn't want to take the time, but it sure would be better that way. haha.

Gary
March 19, 2009 05:16PM
Well, It's obvious, you need to go to the big box and buy another 20 pounds, so that you can make it bigger and able to stop the .58. Dory
March 19, 2009 06:38PM
See what happens when I leave. Everything at home becomes a zoo!! hehehe!

Are the colored version supposed to be "Puff the Magic Dragon"?? Looks kinda funky to me!!

LIVE FROM ARIZONA--

Kelly
March 19, 2009 07:02PM
Hi Babe!

Right ... you won't let me shoot in the house when you're home - (remember, we talked about that). whistling hahaha.

Hope Arizona is good to ya. Thanks for checkin' in.

Miss ya.

Gary
March 19, 2009 07:57PM
Hi Kelly! Is it OK if Gary shoots the dragon? We really want to see the dragon get shot. It could be another test for the Appaloosa...
March 20, 2009 01:14AM
Yeah ... we can blast the beast. But ... even with the "muzzler" ... it's too late tonight. The dragon will have to wait. And then, in the morning, see .... I'll sneak up on him, see .... fudd And BLAST the BEASTIE real good!!!!! excited

Gary
March 19, 2009 11:39PM
Yeah--he can shoot it. He can always make something else. But NO turtles though!!!!

Kelly
March 19, 2009 11:44PM
OK. Gary...NO turtles! I'm going to guess that kittens are OK...eye popping smiley
March 20, 2009 01:12AM
I'd NEVER. We're an official "turtle refuge" here.

Hey ... I ordered some "real clay" today. I'll make you are "real" turtle ... well ... not with all the "stuff inside" that makes it crawl ... whistling ... but a real ceramic turtle. haha.

Gary
March 21, 2009 02:22AM
Shoot for its soft underbelly, the dragon, not the turtle. ( I added that for Kelly)

The weather has cleared here and I need to shoot some tomorrow. I'll need to build a friend and get the camera.

Kent
March 21, 2009 02:59AM
Excellent!

What cha gonna make up this time? Life sized Wild Boar? grinning smiley

Can't wait to see what you come up with. No pressure now!!! haha.

Gary
March 23, 2009 09:04PM
Excellent!
March 25, 2009 08:37AM
(trying to get the crowd to chant)...Shoot the dragon! Shoot the dragon! Shoot the dragon!
March 25, 2009 12:42PM
Carefull I can see a side line of armor and damascus swords with an airrifle attached
March 26, 2009 08:38PM
Posted new pics of the Dragon being Slain!!!

Take a look.

Sir Gary

grinning smiley
Re: Dragons! Slain!!! The Castle is Sav-ed"
March 26, 2009 08:42PM
I thought you shot vampires in the heart with the stake......
March 27, 2009 01:56AM
Always good to keep some stakes around.

;?)

Gary
March 26, 2009 11:11PM
Someone is having way too much fun! Nice shooting Sir Gary.
March 27, 2009 01:03AM
Hmmm....that wooden bolt looks like a very handy ammunition type. If you should somehow miss, just run out and grab it and you can use it to beat the target instead. ; )
March 27, 2009 01:55AM
Just make sure the enemy doesn't have the same sort of gun, that can "shoot it back!" eye popping smiley

hehe.

Gary
March 27, 2009 01:34AM
Think you will find that dragons are out of season. Watch out for Ye Olde Gamewarden !
April 03, 2009 08:15PM
aww ,,, feel bad you scoundrells , i thought the dragon was cute , why not make some baby seals , or the odd dolphin to shoot instead.
more power to the dragon liberation front.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021