Advanced

Re: Back at BPN.

Back at BPN.
August 07, 2013 12:17AM
Thankfully, we had a safe trip.

Great to be off the road.

Green bowing

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2013 12:19AM by barnespneumatic.
August 07, 2013 02:03AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We saw this creation on a car carrier at the motel! Haha.

Late at night, by flash, and edited by an App I found ... So it's not a great pic. Early VW Bus - with the middle removed. Haha.

Gary
August 07, 2013 07:14AM
Looks like the unholy unholy union of a VW microbus and an old BMW Isetta. Just a little tiny bit of cosmetic surgery...chainsaw
August 07, 2013 10:19AM
Cool or should I say FAR OUT !all it needs is a peace sign on it .

Thanks
Kurt
August 07, 2013 06:11PM
Some would say this is artist art, I would say that this is a shame. This days an early VW van original and in good shape is worth a fortune.brick wall

The van in the picture looks nice; it would be nicer to see some clowns’ stepping out of it.
August 07, 2013 07:31PM
Hi Julio,
I also wondered if this might not be one of the quite valuable early buses. And, it's clearly not usable now with the wheel base of a garden tractor. What are you gonna do? Kids and their torches .... Haha.
Gary.
August 07, 2013 07:59PM
Could have been smashed and only way to repair was wack it? But you can't really know what happens when people drink and fab.

Thanks
Kurt
August 07, 2013 09:40PM
Might have driven it thru your water jet cutter, thinking it was a car wash Kurt! nowthatIthink
August 08, 2013 04:47AM
Hi Gary, may be a nice project for you. Bring that bus back to it's former glory. C'mon i know you were thinking the samelaughing again
August 08, 2013 03:17PM
Well Steve ....

nowthatIthink

I HAVE BEEN looking for a little project ...

winking smiley

I hate to grab the low hanging fruit, though.

Gary
August 08, 2013 05:48PM
Glad to hear you made it safely Gary, and I hope the final chapter goes smoothly and quickly!

And I want that VW!!!

Cheers

Neil
August 08, 2013 08:53PM
Ya right Gary I wish I had a water jet I could make all kinds of projects . Maybe ill try to talk the boss into how much we need one ya ya that's the ticket. Never did drive one of those VW but my Grandma had a bug that I wish I had to bomb around in . Baha kit was the big thing when I was a kid .Can't beat the gas mileage

Thanks
Kurt
August 12, 2013 06:57PM
I once saw photos of a project to convert a VW microbus into a dragster. They had the rear wheels tubbed for a solid axle with huge drag slicks, a full roll cage, and were trying to find a way to squeeze in a blown Allison V-12 airplane engine. My guess is that it would have been very fast, but scary and dangerous as all get-out to actually drive. skull
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021