Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Trench Warfare

Trench Warfare
August 14, 2013 12:24AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

30 inch deep trench thru shale.

Installing 26" wide sheets of PVC corrugated roofing material 8' long. Thick stock. Water barrier for channels on shale.

Ground contour covered with 50 year rubber roofing membrane. For surface water running off of the upper yard and some roof water.

Covering with flagstone and pine bark nuggets.

I know - I'm sick of showing you the projects too, cause I know ya'll just want it DONE! Me too. Believe me. This is one of those periods in a lifetime that you will NOT want to revisit. Ya just have to get to the other side. Kelly and I are completely fried, but we just have to finish. Here's one more attempt to close out the list here.

Gary
August 14, 2013 06:05AM
Somehow I pictured Club Med with more palm trees.wink

Lon
August 14, 2013 06:11AM
One small step for Garyman.....one giant leap for Airgunningkind!
I heard a saying like that somewhere....keep up the good work Gary pushingarock
Regards
Neil
Anonymous User
August 14, 2013 12:00PM
This is impressive to see, but when you where on the roof i was nervous. Nice to see that it is all working out and will soon come to an end. Soon you will be making metal art work again.
August 14, 2013 03:29PM
Gary, you need to add to your skills resume, water management engineer. You certainly have the experience to justify the title.

Will
August 14, 2013 04:16PM
Don't you just love projects where you spend an entire day (or two, or three...) of back-breaking labor just to get back to where it ought to have been in the first place? Hour upon hour with a shovel and pick-axe, tons of dirt and stone lifted and shifted and moved, and when you get finished you have...

Ta-da!

A perfectly ordinary looking walkway.eye rolling smiley

Ah, if they only knew...
August 14, 2013 06:35PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks Much. Sean, you are right - it's like auto body repair ... the only way anybody sees anything is if you do a lousy job! Do a good job of repair and it looks original. This is very similar. Just some flags and pine nuggets - nothing to see here. Don't do it and the whole corner of the basement is wet and moldy.

Lon - My bags went to Club Med, I was redirected to BPN, the palms were sent to BPS. why me

Neil - R U sure you don't need a pool boy? I don't eat much. Just shrimp on Wed. Nite ... winking smiley

Don - I sure hope you are correct. And this is done soon. We're pretty frayed around the edges now. Gonna take several rolls of tape to patch. Haha. injured

Will - "Hydro-R-Us" ... Help!. Ya live long enough, you have to learn some things. bowing -- Far East
August 14, 2013 06:54PM
I put in for a raise for ya Gary !YOU have been doing a great job on that rental house . Hehe Hey by the way the frayed look is back and kids are paying good money to look disheveled ! I went for that look back in April and my wife says I look marvelous

Thanks
Kurt
August 14, 2013 08:17PM
Great all around Kurt!

I can use the raise!!

And it's great that I'm such a mess that I'm cool!!! Do you have that wild look in your eye too? Gee - I had a "selfie" I just snapped. But once again, photobucket is unresponsive ....

Gary
August 15, 2013 01:44AM
image.jpg

A test. Loading pics remotely, to the forum data base ... hummmmm
August 15, 2013 01:25AM
Gary,

I see the pink flags. How many times did you hit your head during that project?? knucklehead

Scott
August 15, 2013 01:53AM
What?

Who?

Not many ..... whistling

Haha. winking smiley
August 15, 2013 04:59AM
Scott,
I forgot to tell you .....
You may recall that, before we went south the last time - I redid the staircase from kitchen to second floor back hallway. Remember the plaster was all delaminated. The fix went great. It's tight as a drum. The stair tread paint cured well while we were away. The original handrail on that staircase (considered the back stairs) and was made of iron pipe. I had to take it down for plaster access - and we scraped and painted it. It was hanging in the shop. What I forgot to describe is how that ten foot length of iron pipe rings like a bell if you slam your head into it just right! Really cool sound .... no ... really ....

google eyes

Haha

Gary
August 15, 2013 03:25PM
image.jpg

A few minutes' work, and everything is fresh and new.

Hey - the basement is actually drying. And I suited up and treated the surface mold issue with a bleach solution. Almost time to hang pictures on the basement walls and set out the doilies. Hehe.

Gary
August 15, 2013 09:48PM
Looks Great!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021