Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Status. Sept 2013

Status. Sept 2013
September 10, 2013 03:56PM
Loading the last trailer to leave BPN.

Difficult as it is requiring a lot of good stuff to be left due to lack of space. There are all the tools we have been using as well as a couple stationary power tools. Furniture - we've offloaded a house full already. There is the explosion proof 24" exhaust fan wall from my commercial spray booth. Etc. Too much to take.

My back has gone on strike. No wonder - right. But the lines of workers here in the morning are pretty short. So we press on.

image.jpg

Basement is almost completely vacant, repaired, and painted. My back quit before the completion. Ill come back to it.

image.jpg

Just tools and supplies left to carry out.

Staging area is full of stuff for Bob's Hauling to dispose of. Carport is full of stuff to load into the trailer.

I begin a series of Epidural Injections again Thursday. Not a minute too soon.

If I live thru this, I'm thinking of taking a break and hiking the Andes in search of lost civilizations - to unwind a bit.

Gary
Anonymous User
September 10, 2013 05:33PM
IT IS DONE !#$%^%^*)))&^$%#@&)&)&)&)&^
September 10, 2013 10:13PM
Closing out the rest of the bluing shop today. Lovely time. Cleaning, bagging, neutralizing. Dealing with .... Ah ... You thought I was gonna go thru a litany of poor experiences? Hardly.

The patio is nice this time of day. I'm sitting here - filthy dirty - a mug of coffee, a couple of cheap Walmart oatmeal cookies at hand - and the Fall Locusts buzzing their fool legs off. I see the trailer ramp down, and stacks of boxes have accumulated in the front. In the car port, I see stuff that goes and stuff that stays. Squirrels have been after the sunflowers all day.

Ok. Hose and broom. Flush out the room one last time. Start cutting out that wall section with the fan on it. Seems it shares an intersection with the bluing room.

Boots - Gloves .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 11:52PM by barnespneumatic.
September 10, 2013 11:59PM
And - about 8 pm it's scrubbed clean.

Too late to start ripping with the stubber saw. Neighbors get up silly early. Trying to be a good neighbor after finally getting good folks as the seventh owners of the house next door - since I moved here.

It will give me something to look forward to in the am. Goodie. winking smiley

Don't you guys post any pics of your Barnes guns now. We are trying to create the impression that I joined the witness protection program and was placed as house flipper!

winking smiley

Formerly ... Gary
September 13, 2013 06:55PM
Last trailer......that must be a HUGE relief!thumbs up
September 13, 2013 07:07PM
Thanks Neil.

Thought of you today. I hope your family are well. thumbs up

When that trailer is unloaded at BPS, swept clean, and backed into its parking spot - it will be a huge relief. winking smiley

Thks for posting! How's that new pistol doing?

Gary
September 15, 2013 08:34AM
Hi Gary
I'm learning to shoot with a pistol...so different to rifles but fun to learn.
The other day I shot 3 HP's into less than 1" at 40 yards (rested) off one fill, but Danny can do 5 so I have work to do...
 photo 441_zpsb93bd232.jpg
I'm getting my casting sorted and I'm pretty happy with my results now
 photo 442_zps0b8367b9.jpg
Cheers
Neil
September 16, 2013 01:51AM
Nice casting Neil. Good shooting too.

Big Hollows are a hoot. My second Bison was a 56, around 1998 I guess. I played with a big hollow point - had no idea if it would fly. I recall I could stack 3 Beeman Kodiak pellets in the hollow of my 56 - haha. I was amazed it shot pretty much as well as the solids I designed. I think the air just pockets in there - can't flow out. It's as good as solid in the air. Of course balance has to be right. Looks like you got it. Have fun. thumbs up

Gary
September 13, 2013 10:52PM
Wow, getting to a clean, fresh and empty basement has to be a huge milestone! I understand the fatigue and soreness might make it hard to celebrate but you've done more than a few TONS of work to get here! I'll bet it wasn't that long ago that it would be hard to even think of the basement looking like it does now! Epic effort, I so hope every drop of sweat was worth it!
September 14, 2013 12:57AM
The light at the end of the tunnel might not be the train after all, good news!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 05:55AM by rotorhead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021