Miter tile

image.jpg

Miter, Cut, Chibble ...

image.jpg

Finish laying tile - wait to grout ....

image.jpg

Finish laying tile - wait to grout ...

image.jpg

Dream of home and working in my shop! (1am Phone finger sketch)

Much closer now.

Thks for reading. I enjoy your comments. (So long as you don't yell ...winking smiley
Gary
Re: Sunday Morning Picture Show
September 29, 2013 04:48PM
I need to get out more. I was really impressed with how neat you cut the round hole in the tile that fits in around the pipe.bowing

Lon
September 29, 2013 04:57PM
Hi Lon,
Well, allow me to impress you farther winking smiley ... that was done with me little diamond blade table saw. Bisect tile. Draw extremes of height and width with sharpie. Cut in straight lines to circumference lines. Snap out segments. Trim with edge of diamond saw blade.
Green bowing. Glad you liked it.
smileys with beer
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2013 04:59PM by barnespneumatic.
September 29, 2013 06:23PM
Chibble, eh? I like it, a new word!

Pretty good job of making round holes with straight blades, my efforts in that direction usually come out quite a bit more jagged. Part of that is due to the "face full of slurry and sharp chips" effect which tends to encourage rushing your work, that plexiglas shield is a good idea.
September 29, 2013 08:50PM
Hi Sean,
Yeah - that face full of fast little glass arrow heads promotes creativity!
nowthatIthink
September 30, 2013 05:43AM
Gee, all those white tiles make me want to have a shower! Do I have to wait till after grouting Gary,do I,do I????Help!
September 30, 2013 03:10PM
Ah, my plan is working. The shower is irresistible!! winking smiley
September 30, 2013 04:56PM
Now that you mention it Neil I feel kind of dirty myself ! Seems Like whenever I do the projects at home , I do really good at the demolition part But the rest of it always seems to go to all to heck and then my better Half says I told you to call in the professionals !! HEHE Is that a little people shower Where you show the Chibbling? The pipe coming out looks kinda close to tub .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2013 05:17PM by kurt wag.
September 30, 2013 08:09PM
Hi Kurt,

Yes - for the Elves. Original plan was to house all the elves on the third floor. But they all got old and retired before I got it ready. self-hammer

You thread on one of those hand held shower nozzles and ya rinse your back after a disk in the tub Kurt. Seemed like a good idea long ago. Guess I'll never know. whistling

I should have called the professionals too. Doubled the prices non the guns and called the guys with the chrome trucks. surrender

Good to hear from you. Did you get all your pipes squared away?

Gary
September 30, 2013 10:57PM
Yessiree I got it all flowing down hill . Luckily everything I did Is under the house and not subject to scrutiny , My house Was built in 1943 and Plumbing is a marriage of cast-iron, PVC , galv pipe , and black Plastic ! That was before I started now I'm proud to add rubber to that list . But it's all good now thanks fer asking .

Thanks
Kurt
October 02, 2013 06:04AM
Probably got some lead and oakum hidden away in there somewhere as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021