Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Final Mile Pics

Final Mile Pics
October 14, 2013 04:44AM
image.jpg

Shower floor, wall, ceiling, sill, and face surround tile grouted

image.jpg

Sink and Tub Surround Grouted. Ceiling and walls over the tub plastered.

image.jpg

Door Shellaced. Some jam stops and hardware not yet installed or finished.

image.jpg

Roof sealed and Spillway extension added for more clean exit of runoff. You can't see it, but the brown aluminum spillway is tucked up under both sides and the floor of the cricket - into slits cut under each side roof and the membrane floor. Everything sealed as it was assembled. One of those "spinning plates" deals where you do eight things at once - while it's starting to rain again. The spillway is white on the other side and blends well from the ground.

image.jpg

Back to the last coat of plaster. Clean up of edges, corners, seams ... Huge number of prep details before you can paint. Most folks think of painting a room as renovation. Look around the room at each detail - somebody prepared the corners and seams and edges. You can ruin the whole job with sloppy prep work. Waste of time to paint without prep.

Winding the list down. Still the dread final pack though. This last drive looks like a luxury vacation to us. I hope I have the strength to twist the key in the starter of the truck. I might have to call someone .... winking smiley

Rather be showing you fresh airguns. But - this was the only way to get us to the "rest of our lives". We will recover from this. We would never have recovered from growing old in a Victorian house in Maryland.

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2013 04:55AM by barnespneumatic.
October 14, 2013 10:16AM
Looks great Gary ! I I'm sure that Will expedite the sale of that Victorian house not to mention increase the value to what it's really worth . Looks like a pretty scary roof repair . Leaks are kind of like electrical problems all labor but a quick fix once you find it usually . I hoping for a speedy sale for you and miss Kelly ! Good luck with drive south and hope you can beat the snow !
October 14, 2013 03:09PM
That is looking great! One thing is for sure; you could hardly find a room with more corners, seams and angles to show off your prep work! It looks like the projects are starting to get smaller and more detailed. Hopefully, you can see a finite number soon to check off before handing over the keys. Seeing the finish will give you strength. Though, I expect when you start the trip, you won't make it out of Maryland before you need to pull over for some sleep!
October 14, 2013 03:37PM
No kidding about the angles and edges in that particular room. Are there ANY rooms in the house that are "normal" rectangular boxes?more confused
October 14, 2013 07:54PM
Not a one!

Gary
October 14, 2013 09:08PM
Gary, have a quick and safe trip south. Here close by lake Ontario, the Canada geese are telling us that the cold is coming soon.

Will
October 15, 2013 12:46AM
Hi Will,
Yes, it's been cold here some too. I'm well aware and would dearly love to leave.
Epidural Injections again tomorrow. Guess they will be my last up here. Those people have taken good care of me. Will
miss them.
Worked hard all day. I need the rest demanded tomorrow. It will also allow plaster to cure soni can paint next day.
Thanks
Gary
October 15, 2013 11:30AM
Gary the shower looks to nice to get wet. Just saying ha ha
October 20, 2013 03:24AM
Looking good Gary, I particularly like that door!
Getting hot here down-under, today I turned the heat pump on to heat the swimming pool so we should be swimming next weekendHelp!
What sort of temperatures will you expect in BPS over winter?
Cheers
Neil
October 20, 2013 05:18AM
Hi Neil,

Last year we were down there working thru Fall and Winter. During Winter - we could work in Tee shirts all day. We sat on the Studio Patio and ate lunch every day.

I did use some very small heaters (electric/oil) units in the shop late in the evening - or early morning.

It suites me well. Fresh enough in the morning and evening. Makes it nice to have a fire for the kids to roast marshmallows.

Enjoy your Summer! You should get some good shooting in now. Glad I'm not a bunny down there! excited

Gary
Anonymous User
October 20, 2013 06:25PM
You make me nervous when you are on that roof!!!!!
October 21, 2013 05:00AM
Thanks Don,

Yes - I know.

But Kelly refused to go out there herself .... whistling ..... hahaahh.

We gotta get this thing done Don. You are waiting for your Yukon. We can't list it with water dripping through three floors and ceilings. It's finally fixed this time. This was the area we DID have the experts replace. Great job guys! That section was around $10,000 IRRC.

We are almost done here. Finishing a dozen things at once - loading. It's a blurr.

Take note Don - I mentioned this part of the roof was just outside a hatch. I was standing on a very, very low grade between three roofline intersections. And, I wore restraint. You aren't getting rid of me that easily..

winking smiley

Gary
October 21, 2013 07:37AM
Gary, just in the last few days a bunny or 4 have fallen to the Falcon at distance. I'll try to get a post together shortly to liven up your hunting section fudd
Cheers
Neil
October 22, 2013 07:26PM
Gary, posted some hunting exploits in the Hunting Section....
Regards
Neil
October 22, 2013 08:26PM
Thanks Neil!

thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021