Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Window on BPN

Window on BPN
October 19, 2013 03:48PM
Over the years, we had all of the windows in the house replaced. We did it in a couple of bites. The moldings and sill in the kitchen, never got built in after replacing the window.

It's complete now. This stuff is such fun with primitive stone tools ! Haha.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
October 20, 2013 03:31AM
Stone-age tools? I saw that hammer in your hand...looks to me like it was cast in bronze knucklehead

Another step towards completion....considering you have pretty much rebuilt the whole house you must be getting fairly close to calling the realtor? on the phone

Regards
Neil
October 20, 2013 05:23AM
Hi Neil,

Still crossing off the list. The Realtor is in the bag. No need to call.

You know how long it takes to do a day's plans. Remember ... "The very best of plans; never survive the first contact with the enemy".

House is looking good. We've had some downpours - didn't leak. Yay.

I appreciate your post. thumbs up Tomorrow - well - later this morning ..... it's KITCHEN SUNDAY!!!!!

winking smiley

Gary
October 20, 2013 04:24PM
"KITCHEN SUNDAY!!!!!" Somehow this doesn't sound like you're about to cook...
October 20, 2013 04:39PM
That's right Jerry. So far - "Kitchen Sunday" has proven to be - over rated. stunned
October 21, 2013 05:03AM
We did get much of the trim and walls done.

Also worked on more woodwork. Frosted some glass over a transom. Worked Shellacing the oak banding around the heavy tile counter tops.

Closer and closer.

Gary
October 22, 2013 06:55PM
Frosted some glass?? That doesn't sound like a typical household touch up....

Scott
October 22, 2013 08:35PM
Hi Scott,

We used the spray version.

With my blast cabinet and air compressor I could have done you some frosted and or carved glass. But - alas - I've been reduced to preparing and then spraying on the costing which frosts as it drys. Looks correct. Do a contact paper cut masking first, and you'd have a Po Boy panel! Pipe smoker

Thanks,
Gary
Anonymous User
October 20, 2013 06:24PM
Great picture, a smile and a cup o coffee.
October 21, 2013 07:26PM
Glad to see your're making steady progress. You'll soon be snowbirding down southwards, and with any luck at all you'll still be in the truck when you get the call from your realtor...SOLD, for list or better!

Here's crossing our fingers for you anyway!take a bow
October 22, 2013 04:59PM
Thank you Sean.

A wonderful well wish. A quick sale for a good price! Please, please, please. more innocent

It is looking very good. And we've done each project honorably. No putty over rot. So; I hope it's recognized. And someone with realistic expectations comes along - before we get back to Fla. would be great! winking smiley

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021