Kitchen

Painting, shellacing,
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Re: Pics.
October 24, 2013 05:40AM
Gary,

Why do you use shellac instead of a polyurethane varnish?

Lon
October 24, 2013 03:30PM
Hi Lon,

Because it dries nearly instantly. Has a warm glow (amber shellac). Blends with original finishes.

We used poly on floors in most rooms.

Besides, if it was good enough for Jesus - it's good enough for me. grinning smiley. We don't take to that new fangled stuff. You probably listen to Rock music too! Don't you? Hehe.

Thks bud.
Gary
October 24, 2013 04:11PM
Gary,

Nice work!!! The projects seems to be getting smaller. The interior ceiling picture looks beautiful! Here, at Old San Juan, most colonial buildings have that same ceiling format. I do have a question: How can you cook on a stove like that? LOL

Julio
October 24, 2013 06:33PM
Hello Julio,

It's what we call a "Wood Stove". winking smiley. Very traditional. Haha.

The jobs are smaller. You are right. But they seem to be growing. I've done eight different things this am. We are hurrying, rushing, running, starting earlier, working later. I haven't gone to bed before 2 am for a week. It's the 22nd mile of a Marathon.

Thanks for posting!

Gary
October 25, 2013 05:51AM
Gary,

Before I asked about the shellac I read up on it a little. Old stuff. Interesting all natural ingredients.smileys with beer

It struck me as an unusual choice after my research so I had to ask.. I figured there was something to be learned.

Lon
October 27, 2013 03:35AM
Gary I ran a couple of marathons when I was younger (best time 2 hours 54 mins). The last 6 miles were the hardest! Hope they go better for youdoggie
Regards
Neil
October 27, 2013 04:07AM
Hello Neil,

They are rather tough. You are right. Keeping to the plan - pushing it across the line. Fate has no respect for how far we've come. It is quite happy to complicate every step of every remaining task.

As you might have noted .... most people seem to be afraid to "break the mood" or something. It would appear that the world is waiting for me to close the driver's door - turn the key .... and begin the drive South. Shhhhhh - no talking til then. It's a shame - because I am still capable of talking about "other" topics then the move. winking smiley So; I appreciate the note.

I guess you are enjoying your Spring weather. Are your days still steered by the effects of the earthquakes?

Hope your family is well.

Cheers,
Gary
October 27, 2013 05:12AM
"It is quite happy to complicate every step of every remaining task. "

I replaced every window in my other house. The last window gave me the most trouble. True story.pushingarock

Lon
October 28, 2013 05:51AM
Hi Gary
I think we are now getting past the earthquakes finally. I feel I can now run up the hill without worrying about boulders coming down, and the general calmness of the earth allows us to get on with business generally. There is still a continuing state of dislocation, but that has become part of life as we work from new places and negotiate new road-works daily as they replace sewers and groundwater systems across the whole city. Life is pretty good, as we look forward to summer!
Family is as good as can be expected, with Julie soldiering on despite increasing debilitation. She still has her sense of humour which is quite crucial.
Thinking of you and Kelly and your travails ( see how I slipped that bit of schoolboy French in?)scholar.
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021