Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Morning ........ Evening

Morning ........ Evening
October 26, 2013 02:37PM
Acoustic Tile ceiling that had been water damaged beyond practical repair.

image.jpg

Remove tiles, remove nailer grid for tiles.

Install nailers for bead board sheet goods

Move electrical box.

image.jpg

Install bead board.

Install fan/light

Finish today and move on.
October 27, 2013 03:31AM
Nice work Gary! Another piece of the puzzle.....
Cheers
Neil
October 27, 2013 04:17AM
Hi Neil,

Yes. Just some trim molding to go up and that gets checked off. That was an unexpected one. A judgment call. Just inside the door most entered. Some damage I guess we'd just gotten used to ignoring. The cause of the damage was fixed long ago. The tiles were warped - not anything that could be "unwarped". Just didn't play well.

I got into another repair this afternoon. A wall which has had an antique oak filing cabinet in front of it for 30+ years. It was buckled. The chimneys of these homes are all 19th century lime mortar. They just slowly compress. 30+ years is enough to make a difference. Cracks, broken plaster keys. Well, I scrape and poke at the damage .... clank! What? stunned CLANK CLANK. Concrete? Yep. And with wallpaper over it. Previous owner's commissioned repair .... prior to 1980. Panel of troweled in concrete to replace plaster damage. Hey - it works. Still tight and hard as ..... concrete. thumbs up I dry walled and plastered up to and around their repair - and added my own. Someone else can add their signature to the wall of repair - during their tenure. winking smiley

Thanks for leaving a note Neil,
Gary
October 28, 2013 05:57AM
The new owners will have a house that is maintenance-free for about the next century....nothin' to do but sit on the front porch and smoke Pipe smoker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021