Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Weekend

The Weekend
October 28, 2013 05:06AM
image.jpg

I started out completing the ceiling sheathing. You see me here with my "dead man" helper - Bernie.

image.jpg

We found that the cracks behind the Oak filing cabinet went deep. And, prior to 33 years ago someone had already repaired this section with concrete (segment to the left).

image.jpg

I laid in dry wall atop the lathe ....

image.jpg

And plastered it in.

image.jpg

Prior to having the windows replaced - there had been a stealth leak inside this sill. The wall only revealed cracks until I dug it out. The baseboard didn't look like that until I scraped it in prep of paint. M

image.jpg

And laid in a drywall patch ...

image.jpg

And plastered that in.

image.jpg

This pic, and the rest - will show wall art I did many years ago for the classroom Kelly used for her Child Care business. She used this classroom for 18 years. The children she watched are thru college now. Some have children of their own. Hey - is that Jerry or Sean in the Chopper? winking smiley

Been a busy weekend. I also painted a couple of rooms. Continued several running projects on the list. It will have to yield under the relentless pressure and the lists will get done. Ill keep up the pressure.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2013 05:21AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
October 28, 2013 09:24PM
Gary, I hope your project list is short. It is going to be 22 degrees tonight here in Western New York. Winter is on your door step, time to head to BNS.

Will
October 28, 2013 11:01PM
Hello Will,

I'm painting as fast as I can. The bristles caught fire this afternoon!! excited. Thank God it was latex paint! winking smiley

Gary
October 28, 2013 09:50PM
Those paintings are awesome ! Just think of all the memories those happy children must have ! I'll bet it's somewhat hard to see all your handy work go to someone else to enjoy! But your probably used to it having shared all of your different talents with everyone . Thank~ you sincerely ! Oh ya just wanted to let ya know there is a piece of trim missing on top of door in picture of you with your dead man helper ! Hohoho {:~)> I'm just saying ....

Thanks
Kurt
October 28, 2013 10:56PM
Thanks Kurt!

Oh, you noticed the missing carved pineapple. I made that for Kelly years ago. She's keeping it. winking smiley. We are leaving a bunch of stuff - taking a few.

Gary
October 29, 2013 11:18PM
Have you left any signetures, notes, photos, time capsuls so future owners will have clue who did so much of the work on this house ?

Joe
October 30, 2013 05:40AM
Hi Joe,

There are comments, dates, signatures all over - but 99% are behind the walls, under staircases, on the back side of drywall before it goes up. That sort of thing. Just fun stuff mostly.

Thanks for asking.

Almost done the house. Spent today loading the trailer more, organizing, sorting. Slow work. The trailer is getting smaller too fast.

Gary
November 04, 2013 04:45PM
Hmmm, not sure if the chopper is mine or not!

So did you leave a note like,"If you're reading this, give up all hope!"?
November 04, 2013 06:15PM
Hi Jerry,

Isn't that the inspiration over the Gates of Hell in Dante's Inferno? " give up hope, all Ye who enter here" ... Something like that. Yeah - seems appropriate!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021