November 01, 2013 05:48AM
image.jpg

You recall this mess ...

image.jpg

Now it looks like this.

image.jpg

This .....

image.jpg

Has become .... this. BTW - people always speak of the "wall paper" in this room. That is all hand painted. Just layers of composition that makes up the effect. In this case though - I had to match it - when I didn't have the paints. I mixed them from those small tubes of Acrylic paints from the craft section. Matched well.

image.jpg

You noticed that .....?

The blue wall was scuffed badly from storing the kids cots used for naps. I didn't have the blue. On a plain wall - a match is tough. Struck me I might have a can of "Mural". winking smiley. I did. Don't worry . Only took about a half an hour. These murals were never intended to be fine art. Just simple quick sketches, to give the kids material for an imaginative daydream. thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 05:58AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Compare!
November 01, 2013 06:17AM
Seriously Gary, your buyers would be gob-smacked if they knew the love and care and detail and hard yakker that has gone into the refurbishment of your house!! eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley
Cheers
Neil
November 01, 2013 03:08PM
Hi Neil,

You know, I appreciate the compliment. But I don't want anyone to think I'm just going around engraving door knobs and such. This work is simple stuff, with a box of hand tools. Done as quickly as possible. There's been a ton of it. And we are disgusted whenever we look at the list which doesn't shorten fast enough. But, please don't get the idea that I'm just prolonging anything or over doing it. I'm sure it's easy to get that impression due to the length of time. But big cracks in the wall attract attention. winking smiley

Thanks Neil. I appreciate the comments. winking smiley

Gary
November 02, 2013 01:23AM
Hello Gary,

Nice work on all those repairs. It's funny because your artist’s spirit comes out even when fixing your house. artist

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

Julio
November 02, 2013 02:39AM
Hello Julio,

Good to hear from you. We are extremely anxious to leave.

We are moving everything we can, out of the house. Except for the stuff we are staging the rooms with. We are putting obvious things in the trailer. Things that need to wait for the correct spot, go into a clean bay in the shop. All tools and paint, materials, etc. have been moving to the shop. Having the stuff all over the house, has been stressful. We don't live with piles of stuff everywhere. It's been unavoidable for some time, and its unnerving. "The List" from this time, is probably 20 pages. Mostly done. Some things just won't get done, I guess.

The critical push now is to clear, clean, and stage the house. Get the realtors on here. Continue the few required things after that.

Thanks for your comments. thumbs up

Gary
November 02, 2013 10:46PM
That "wallpaper" match is really sweet.

Joe
November 05, 2013 07:33PM
More excellent work. I hope it pays off soon, the market around BPN seems to have a glimmer of hope right now.

BTW, you might want to trademark "Paperless Wall Papering" in case we run out of lead...winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021