Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: side-by-side

Gopher down!!!
March 22, 2009 05:06PM
Here's one of the high speed videos we shot yesterday. Jerry must be otherwise occupied this am. And ... hey ... we NEED movies!!!! hahah.

This was the Gopher being slammed by one of the 550 grain slugs from the Woodsman @ 50 yards.

Gary
Re: Gopher down!!!
March 22, 2009 08:53PM
I'm working on the editing, I've got tons of stuff here and it takes a while to get it all ready to go. I should have this video with the exposure adjusted pretty soon!
March 25, 2009 12:23AM
Tough little critters, those duct gophersgrinning smiley

Looks like they can really take a licking, impact-wise.
March 25, 2009 04:08AM
I watched this vid again, and again and again. The head moves forward...then back,...forward...then back. Somebody call the Warren Commission I think I have it figured out. Jerry were you shooting the gopher from a "grass knoll"?... Just where were you in '63 ?scared

Rotorhead, it is amazing how the gopher takes a hit, even I'm amazed. The rapid decelleration of the slug throws that 8# mass down quick.
Get yourself some and you'll think, aww my 177 magnum will zip right thru this stuff. Then shoot it. Then get a bigger gun and shoot again. Let us know what happens, show us some pics.

I'm getting closer to figuring out my video camera for some posts.

See you soon,

Kent
side-by-side
March 25, 2009 08:05AM
Yeah, duct gophers are hardy stock allright. Apparantly they're remarkedly resistant to whiplash as well.grinning smiley

It's be interesting to see some side-by-side comparisons of duct-seal terminal effects by different Barnes rifles. Say, perhaps, like a Chief Justice. Gee...wonder who's got one of those?...whistling Wouldn't have to be fancy critters like Gary makes, perhaps something more like containers stuffed full of duct seal and blasted for effect.

It could be sort of a "duct-seal internet postal match", with everyone comparing after-impact stills of their regulation "I can't believe it's not butter" target.wink
Re: side-by-side
March 25, 2009 02:28PM
Hi Rotor,

Make sure you didn't miss any of Kent's good posts. He blasted his Bear figure pretty good with alot of guns.

Yeah ... I agree though ... all you Barnes owners ... we need your "blast 'em" videos. smiling smiley Everybody is countin' on ya.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021