Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Dealer's Choice 2014 Let's Shoot!

Dealer's Choice 2014 Let's Shoot!
February 07, 2014 02:31AM
Here's my target for the shooters in the group. Too wet and dark to shoot tonight, but I should make a go of it this weekend.

[www.airgunsmith.com]

Rules for this target: Shoot all the flys and the red bulls one shot each for a total of fifteen and repeat with a second target for 30 over all. Lastly, standing, off-hand at 20 yards. all guns welcome and photos of targets and guns a must!

Post as soon as you can. Next target and rules in two weeks, starting 2/22. shooter with bench rifle

Kent
February 07, 2014 03:26PM
Thanks Kent!

Targets printed.

Common guys. The game's afoot!

Gary
February 07, 2014 04:04PM
Are your first two targets to be at 10 or 20 yards Kent?

I recall our inside Winter targets were at 10. But I understand that your 3rd target challenge is 20 yards standing. thumbs up

Gary
February 16, 2014 10:10PM
Let's make it 20 yards so we can all miss a few...or a bunch.

Kent
Sal
February 17, 2014 08:07PM
So here goes nothing, I have not shot an Airgun since about 2001 or so. I recently moved (this past thanksgiving) to a more forgiving area with a decent back yard and preserve. It's still technically illegal to shoot here but with more space comes less nervous neighbors. I'm SUPER excited to start shooting again, just in time for Gary to start building again!! smiling smiley

I'm not going to lie, standing up trying to hold this darned TX200 it felt much heavier than I remember. I also remember being a MUCH better shot. I took about 3 warm up shots and decided if I didn't start shooting soon my arms would get tired! blush

If I'm not mistaken every miss was right of target in some form or another. Either the sights have changed or I'm pulling on that trigger like my life depends on it. I'm inclined to believe it's me yanking on that trigger.

I'm not going to lie here, this was way harder than I imagined. Next time I'm not standing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 08:10PM by Sal.
TX200p.jpg
1of2p.jpg
2of2p.jpg
February 18, 2014 04:08PM
Hello Sal!

Thanks for posting. I appreciate it. And ridding the world of any amount of houseflies is a noble task! winking smiley

That's an underlever cocker spring gun - right? Guess that is a handful. Kent's a beast. He has his kids do chin ups from the barrel while he shoots. Haha. You should see him shoot clay birds with his Chief Justice. It's on one of the videos. Amazing.

I have to make an aperture for the eye piece of the scope on my ball reservoir gun to allow the 4x Shotgun scope to clearly focus closer. I had one on there and took it off for some reason! Can't imagine how I misplaced it them. Haha.

Ill get that sighted in and do my targets.

Common guys. Print up some targets and be real airgun participants! Yer not CHICKEN are ya? fish. (it's a tuna - chicken of the sea)
Sal
February 19, 2014 11:52PM
Yes, it's an underlever, very easy to cock, shoots about 900 fps with Crosman Premier 10.5g .177 pellets.
It was my favorite target and plinking springer. Over the next few Dealers Choice shoot outs I plan on resurrecting a few more.
It's had some modifications done when I purchased it. Naval brass spring guide, solid bronze rear flange guide, steel front guide. The spring is a custom, 28 coil .128 wire with .532 ID. The piston is polished and stem turned and has a polished and jeweled compression tube with added rear machined in bushing the action rides on. Safety trigger and trigger guard is also naval brass, with a simple beech stock.

I really had to dig to find this information, it's been quite a long time since I've talked springer. Moving brought a bunch of stuff to the surface again, it's been nice to find some thing I though I had lost. The trick is to not lose them again! LOL

BOK BOK BOK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 11:53PM by Sal.
February 20, 2014 02:11AM
Hi Sal,

Sounds like loving care went into your Springer. Hope you enjoy it! Good to remember the things that are "good parts" of life.

Thanks for Posting Sal,
Gary
February 20, 2014 06:29PM
Tried the shooting challenge today. The air rifle is a MAC1 tuned Marauder in .25 cal. Standing shooting is very challenging. I rarely shoot that way.

Will
IMG_0337 range.jpg
IMG_0340 Target 1.jpg
IMG_0341 target 2.jpg
IMG_0349 Air rifle.jpg
February 20, 2014 11:55PM
Good shooting Will!

Nice rifle. shooter. winking smiley

Hey, what's all that WHITE STUFF???

Hope you had some hot chocolate after that session! Burrrr.

Thanks do much for posting! I have to get myself on gear !!!

Gotta look for that aperture again or make another. Hey, after this move - I can't let a little thing stop me!! Haha.

Gary
February 21, 2014 01:27AM
Now the Dealer shoots.

I wanted to shoot my first Barnes...Well actually it is my wife's Barnes. A Victory 32 cal which was purpose built, along with two sister 32s for the Erwin Cup series of shoots. It has always been a favorite shooter for the whole family.

Here it is today in a no frills, poor lighting pic.
Victory 32.jpg

No excuses from me. I just need to get back to shooting airguns more. To many jerked triggers, and lots of wobble. I'm still happy I got to do some shooting. This gun was shooting a 72 grain Barnes slug. It has had a lot more 32 cal buckshot thru the barrel as it is a breeze to drop them into the loading port.
Target 1.jpg

I didn't do any warm up, other than to shoot one from sticks to make sure my one dot over the crosshairs was the proper hold point on 16X at this range. So my second target is after a little warm up I guess.
Target 2.jpg
I think my first target may have been better? I did kill one fly on the second target.
Here's some pics of "The VIctory Sisters" and others from the Erwin Cup.
Hoss .45, Victory .32 X3 (notice Brass/Stainless, Stainless/Stainless, Blued/Blued) Chaparral .25
The Sisters et al.jpg
Don't let Gary tell you he can't shoot off hand. Here's his signature for for the Victory in pistol format.
Gary's form.jpg
The Victory dual format gave you the pistol or carbine using the same action.
Victory Pistol:Carbine.jpg
Here's a group pic after a weekend of shooting airguns. Lots of smiles!
The Gang.jpg

Kent
February 21, 2014 03:22PM
Hi Kent,

Those Erwin Cups were a good group of shooting events. Good times, good memories...
February 22, 2014 11:12PM
Was some great times Kent. You bet. Good memories.

We need more of those.

Nice Pics. Looks like a huge Loving Cup you are holding there! And Julio saw his first snow - winning the Snowman! (A coveted honor, most certainly!)

Gary
Sal
February 22, 2014 07:25PM
Thanks for posting guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021