Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SHOPZILLA - THE MOVIE

SHOPZILLA - THE MOVIE
February 18, 2014 05:34AM
[youtu.be]

I hope you enjoy seeing the movie of my 87 slug testing thru the smoothbore barrel. This is a taste of things to come. thumbs up

Thanks for Watching!
Gary
February 19, 2014 05:00AM
So .....

Maybe the technique plays better in a feature length film .... The tension between the main character and the villain. It builds throughout the movie. In the end ... only one can be victorious. But the villain has been there so long. He's always been the antagonist. The balance. And, in the end ... there's the realization that he's gone. And, in some twisted way ... he will be missed. While the narrator praddles on about treated 2 by 10s and shot placement .... the hero begins to ride off ... reviewing his own thoughts ..... knowing that next conflict will be up the trail ...

Too much? Lon?

OK, fine. It seemed like a fun idea .... More sad

artist winking smiley
February 19, 2014 09:32PM
Enjoyed the video. 30 yard kill. Bad guy gone. End of story!
February 19, 2014 10:04PM
Oh sure; no sighting in, just hold off and start the video... Showoff! Weights
February 19, 2014 11:11PM
EXACTLY! That's why I thought one shot could make a video!! grinning smiley

I was so confident in the gun and slug ... Grabbed that scope out of the drawer and slapped it on. Didn't matter where it hit so long as I could measure it! Two feet to the right and 16" high? Fine - I aim two feet to the left and 16" low ....... ROLL VIDEO .... Hold off ... BANG - "heart shot". I thought it was cool as ice. But guess I didn't pull off conveying the whole thing.

Glad you got it!

Those slugs and barrels really track. Would do no better rifled inside 75-100 yards!!! Always thought it was amazing.

Gary
Anonymous User
February 20, 2014 11:51AM
Nice hard hit and that guy is done! We are planning a camping trip in the Ocala national forest. Is the Yukon GS capable of stopping bear?
February 20, 2014 04:56PM
Hi Don,

Well now .... "If" the Bear appreciates fine machine work - I'll bet it would stop and admire your Yukon GS. wink

I recall shooting clean thru a Buffalo with an early Yukon. I suspect it would ruin a bear's day. I'd be in a tank or someplace like that to shoot from though. winking smiley

Gary
February 21, 2014 01:50AM
Good shooting Gary! I like the way that lumber spalls the whole back side off. Now how do we give a truly BIG bore gun an equal footing in a shooting contest? Quite a show of power and accuracy. Amazing with smoothbore. I think we are all misinformed by our collective "knowledge" about smoothbores over the years. Muskets, shotguns with undersized slugs etc. I think your 87s and 62s are more along the lines of the Abrams 120 mm smoothbore cannon. Heck it hits at several miles.

Kent
February 21, 2014 02:32AM
Thanks Kent,

I appreciate the comments.

I've always felt just as you describe. I was finding myself thinking thru that logic today, while I worked in fact. There has been such a poisoning of the well, by countless writers thru decades, that you just can't get thru on the accuracy demonstrated. Heck, you could shoot 1/4 MOA with one of my smooth bores and its select ammo, and the comments (if any) would run along the lines of, "yeah - but what would it do if it were rifled!!!?"

That Abrams 120 mm you mentioned probably has specific ammo designed for it - right? wink. I mean - ya can't buy box ammo from the clearance catalogs, or have a cheap 120 mm round ball mold made for you ... and get the same results. I demonstrate the accuracy, and provide the tooling which produced the accuracy ... and you know inside baseball stories that prove that doesn't suit everyone. Because; darn it - smooth bores aren't accurate. And I don't want one ... even if it is accurate ... 'cause they aren't accurate. stunned

People are just more happy with some things being impossible winking smiley and you ruin everything if you fix the problem. I grew up in a different world. So, I fix stuff that shouldn't be fixed. Like smooth bores, that furnace in Maryland - stuff like that. Usually start to do it for myself. End up thinking ... hey - now THAT is neat!!! And so I make a few. Sell some to people who are thrilled ... until they meet "readers" who read that smooth bores aren't accurate. Then they need rifling to satisfy that nagging doubt. Haha. laughing

Love that video of you hand holding your Chief Justice smooth bore 87, picking off targets at 90 yards. And shooting clay birds with shot from the same gun, after the birds have flown out about 70 yards or so!!!! Haha!

Thanks Kent,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 03:57AM by barnespneumatic.
February 21, 2014 10:48PM
Gary,

I saw this tragedy online and am posting here in case you decide to use the "boat gun" caliber next...
[www.buzzfeed.com]
February 22, 2014 10:34PM
Hi Jerry,

Now, I have guns that you can shoot FROM boats with ... Or I guess you could shoot boats if you had a particularly troublesome boat that would not respond to reason! Get crackin'. Refresh my memory ... Is that BIGGER THAN .177". nowthatIthink

Gary
February 22, 2014 11:25PM
Looks like a 2" bore to me! A 2 pound slug ought to be about right...More coffee
February 22, 2014 11:35PM
Ok, thanks.

I'll look for that mold .....
February 22, 2014 04:19PM
Neat stuff Jerry. I recognize some of those paintings from documentaries and had no idea they've simply been locked away. Hope the government gets the money to put that museum together sooner than later. God knows we've used tax money for worse reasons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021