Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Black Powder Barnes Rifle for Sale.

Black Powder Barnes Rifle for Sale.
March 14, 2014 10:17PM
This is a copy of my last post. Check the post "Twisting the Knife" for the whole story and pics. Ill copy the text here ....

Copy:

Thank you Kurt.

No Sir. That knife was sold right before it was finished. As with most things I make (which aren't strictly ledger items) as soon as the piece is complete enough to make a decent representative photo, I show it to someone who comes to mind. I give that person an exclusive offer until I hear back from them. Now, often I might show the pc. as an example of my craft, during the time someone is considering the work. I do this for two reasons. 1). To show recent work - technique. 2). As a back up should my initial special offer fail to meet the current desires of the collector who had come to mind. Usually, by the time my initial offer is responded to, there are other interested parties.

Now; perspective is in order. Yes, after 40 years of crafting detailed items, I have NO inventory. Meaning, I sell everything I make. Perspective comes onto play as each item takes significant time to make. Everybody realizes that, so there's no danger of me getting rich by crafting items from raw materials. winking smiley.

What I DO HAVE is a huge inventory of parts I've laid back. When I need two, I often make three or four. I might prepare for a show, and over judge the number of items I can finish. I have a couple of items which were to be center piece items for shows, and working all night and all day and all night again ... just didnt finish them for the show.

In recent years, I've tried to smarten up and standardize parts which could either be configured into different formats. Thus; I can make multiple parts from direct patterns and make jigs to perform like tasks.

So; I will have a couple of very nice model 97 knives shortly. I hope I've prepared my extremely patient ledger customers. The move has been just a horrific task. I'm still a bit shell shocked from the whole thing. Still carrying the home in Maryland thru a very costly Winter. I've needed some warm up time with the shops, tools, shop drawings, shop ledgers, lathes and mills. Had to find everything, AND had to pay a few bills. That's ongoing.

Now; in the process, I HAVE discovered a completely overlooked interesting piece. The ONLY Black Powder Rifle I have ever built or sold. I'm going to offer it here. This is my design. It's an in-line design. Muzzle loading 32 caliber. I shoot it with a naked lubed .315" slug. It might other ammo. Such as patched ball or paper patched slug. It uses a standard Musket Cap. The stock is Walnut. I have deeply relief carved the grip area. The gun is very light weight. I haven't weighed it - I must. I suspect it's under five pounds. It all takes down easily for thorough cleaning. Most threads apart by hand. It has an easily maintained ... WOW!!! just nearly had the BIG ONE!!!! I'm sitting on the Studio porch and a bumble bee just came screaming thru - slammed into the middle of my chest! I let out a yell. It buzzed around gathering itself up - and blew off. Just about got me! Sitting here concentrating on my phone!!! Phew ....,

Well, where was I?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

There is a locked back SAFE position for the bolt/in-line hammer for capping. It then releases from there to cocked position. The trigger is a target grade 2 stage trigger.

I proofed the breech with 100 grains of 4f black powder. I shoot it with 35 grains of 3f.

The price is $5,200us.

PM me if interested.

I've placed it here on order for there to be an advantage for those who take the time to regularly read.

In the event of multiple interests, the order of the PMs I get will dictate priority. Thank you for reading and considering my work. This is the FIRST and only Black Powder Rifle I've ever offered.

Gary

I replaced the photos in this copy of the orig. post on the other thread I think they are the same. As I say - check the dialog on the thread "Twisting the Knife". It began as a humorous story about me having to compete with the work I produced 40 years ago, and ended with me offering this completed unique collectible rifle. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 10:29PM by barnespneumatic.
March 15, 2014 01:53AM
Wow...... Miss the old days. When i had cash for something like that!
March 15, 2014 06:42PM
That's a great opportunity to truly own and enjoy a one of classic ! I never got into the black powder guns befor for no apparent reason but now you got me thinkin . Most of my friends have and enjoy them . I have shot OLD school powder pistols and had fun . I'm sure that won't last long once word gets out .
March 17, 2014 12:49AM
I wish I had the funds currently. It would be a good reason to get into black powder.
But then, I don't really get the time to shoot my other rifles like I would like to....
I guess I'll keep dreaming--and working. eye rolling smiley

Scott
March 17, 2014 03:43AM
Nice . . . this reminds me of a few pieces you did a little before the "Maryland Exodus." One had a receiver and clamps kind of like this one, and another had more of a bluish / antiqued look.

A Barnes firearm, huh? Wrap your brain around that one for a sec . . . wink

Really cool to see BPS starting to roll!

-- Jim
March 21, 2014 09:41PM
This post begs for a video! Smoke vs. vapor from a Barnes!
March 21, 2014 09:43PM
BTW, is this rifle still available? Might be time to link to a BP aficionado site...
March 21, 2014 10:49PM
Hi Jerry,

Yes it is. Link away!

bad dude

Thanks,

Gary
April 09, 2014 03:42AM
I've been putting in some long hours. Trying to do too much. I've gotten a bit behind in updating outstanding projects. Sorry.

This Black Powder Barnes 32 in-line Musket Cap fired Rifle, is the only such rifle I've ever built. I have never offered such a rifle, nor any Black Powder Rifle for sale. As such, this gun is "Unique". This might be one ya just hang on the wall. It will probably never be repeated.

That will be up to the new owner. Barnes #1 Black Powder 32 In-Line ..... is SOLD.

Thank you for taking a look,
Gary
April 09, 2014 06:17PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021