Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Timmy is back!

Timmy is back!
March 24, 2014 02:52AM
Timmy has decided that the food service industry does not provide the job experience he was hoping for. Therefore, he will once again be making custom ammunition for air gun enthusiasts. He has committed to providing this service until high school graduation (1.5 years from now) and we retain several fine Barnes molds to serve discerning customers.
March 24, 2014 03:22AM
Well. Yay to that.

Surefire Casting always provided great product and service. Thank God all my troubles are over now ... and I won't be answering as many requests for ammo advice. stunned Wait .... that was not the worst of my problems .... winking smiley

Nevertheless ... I have full faith in the renewed operation and will make efforts to get "everyone's molds" under the milling machine asap. Yes Rugar - that means you too.

Right now - I'm up to my armpits in alligators, putting out fires, dodging arrows, and my coffee is cold. If there's one thing I cannot stomach .... it's cold coffee!

So; starting right after I visit the kitchen, I shall begin thinking anew upon ..... ouch! ............ darned arrows .... thinking anew about the progress of the top hundred things at the top of the "top one thousand list". There; I can't say it with any more .... ohhhhwwwwwoww!! ..... clarity.

Gary
March 24, 2014 04:01AM
Well, as you dig out from your list, dig it, remember that you've already made a number of molds that produce fine results! smileys with beer

While Timmy awaits a quad6/quad7 ring mold, that won't slow deliveries on any of the excellent designs available only to approved Barnes customers!
March 24, 2014 04:30AM
Ok Guys,

These are the times you say ..... How about a few hundred 46 Bishops, or a couple of hundred 58 caliber 469 grains.

I know we like to only deal with places we think will ALWAYS be there and open the same hours each week - forever. But just as in our culture technology springs up overnight - chapters end as well. The time to buy is when you find it.

Lets support Timmy. Keep him off the street. We don't want him selling the wheels off of Jerry's hot rod for sneaker money. Do the right thing. A Timmy is a terrible thing to waste!

Stock up.

Gary

Once again - my whole relationship with you has always been based upon trust and simple honesty. There's been no co-ordination between Jerry and I to push Timmy. Beyond the order of a production Mold. And, beyond the sale of a bullet mold - I have never, not do I now; make a dime off of the slugs Timmy casts. They have bought a previous mold and perhaps a die or two - but the bulk of their mold inventory is on loan from myself, or held in trust for Barnes owners who have sent molds to Surefire. Realize what you have here if you want to enjoy your sport.
March 24, 2014 08:28AM
barnespneumatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Nevertheless ... I have full faith in the renewed
> operation and will make efforts to get "everyone's
> molds" under the milling machine asap. Yes Rugar
> - that means you too.
>
> Gary

YAYexcited
Anonymous User
March 24, 2014 11:45AM
I will order some of those fine 58 caliber slug's as soon as allowed. I also ordered a mold and sizing die with the Yukon. Will he use it to make some for me Jerry?
March 24, 2014 03:25PM
Hello Don,

Jerry will be at work and answer, thoroughly; as he can. I had a few info. points to share with you to give you an answer quicker.

Short answer is YES. Timmy has (and will) use customer molds. I've sent a number of them to him for customers. The molds are are held for that customer's use alone. In certain cases, customers have chosen to allow their mold to be used to make slugs for others - by name or by a given gun. Nobody is pressured to share their molds. It's not a test.

Now - there are a couple of reasons to not pre-order your slugs. Sorry for you and Timmy, but consider:

1) Your gun will be thoroughly range tested here. I will determine which exact slug design it likes best and at exactly which size. Ill make the molds and dies to those specs.

2). I know you. If I come up with a barrel close sooner - I know you would want that. I do all I can to keep everything straight. But this move has scrambled my exact memory of some details. I'm also not 100% sure of all the wrapped parts. I'm doing all I can so its pointless to guess. I know you want the best case, soonest.

Thanks Don,
Gary
Anonymous User
March 24, 2014 04:28PM
Patiently understood, thank's Gary and good luck. Timmy's effort is well appreciated by all. Last camping trip produced a sight that made my wife nervous, an estimated 250 pound boar. I run a fishing line around the camp site with a magnetic alarm attached and at around 5:00 in the morning it decided to pay us a visit. FUN!!!!
March 24, 2014 05:24PM
Yikes !! That's about the time I take my morning visit to woods . Must be a lot of them hogs down there in Flordia if there coming to camp ground . Unless your a little more primative camping than most. Bacon fer breakfast !! Mmmmmm
Anonymous User
March 24, 2014 06:53PM
Ocala national forest, primitive alway's and we park our car on the road and walk until we can't see it. I think Florida is second in population right behind Texas with no season or permit required.
March 24, 2014 08:11PM
I'm slowly chipping away at my stock of .308 slugs, and I'm still very interested in sourcing the correct mold/slugs for the .62 stainless smoothbore. When you unearth that particular mold, let me know what it'll run and I'll have you send it off to Tim so he can whip me up a batch.shooter with bench rifle

That insert will come out one of these days, probably when it warms up a bit more. Right now it's in the high-20s and they're calling for gusts in the 60-80 mph range, not my favorite shooting weather. Snowman
March 24, 2014 09:50PM
I'll have to look. Sorry.

There are boxes within boxes within ....

There are things that have to be here and are hiding. Partly a matter that a box of stuff, once opened - becomes a truckload of stuff. I need storage organized to set things out.

Ill look.

Gary
March 25, 2014 12:30AM
Gary,

Thanks for the clear presentation of reality! I really was on the cusp of sending all the molds we don't own back to those that deserve their return! (Naturally, any requests for return will be immediately honored as our original agreements assumed.)

I would also concur that there is no panic and that folks here, waiting on a gun, do not need to order ahead. Let Gary do what he does and than order the exact thing you need or make it yourself. If you have a gun and have a slug order, great! But, Timmy will eat dinner if you decide to wait a while... (I've found a great source of lead free cardboard that can keep teenagers alive for weeks!)
March 26, 2014 02:37AM
Hi Jerry,
Great to have Timmy back on the line. I can attest to the quality of Timmy's work. He has always made a great product. Let us know when the pot is hot. Does Timmy have a site yet?

Kent
March 27, 2014 01:36AM
Hi Kent!

Timmy does not yet have a site but he's thinking about it. We had a chat about what I do for him and what it would look like if he took in all income and became responsible for all expenses. ...He's not ready to make that leap. Surprise.

I'm glad he's back in the game, I was about an hour away from sending you your molds back! You can have them back at any time (of course) but I'm glad we can maintain the old agreement to cast when you have demand and be ready to go when asked!
March 27, 2014 03:32AM
Thanks Jerry for supporting Timmy's efforts so we can have the benefits of Surefire slugs. I'll PM you to make an order. I need to get the exact details, ie a pic, so we can get the right slug ordered.

Kent
March 27, 2014 11:04PM
Thanks for the support Kent. No rush on the order, Timmy has 2000 colored 7 rings to make right now!
March 28, 2014 01:37AM
Fine ... Go ahead .... Heap guilt! He's making them one at a time due to the lack of a production mold!!!! Oh ...... surrender
March 28, 2014 03:57PM
No guilting intended! The announcement just brought a rush of orders due to pent up demand.
March 28, 2014 04:08PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021