Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Working

Working
March 26, 2014 04:45AM
Worked on the trigger group for the Carbine.

Found busted pressure release valve on the pressure tank in the pump house above the well head. I got the parts. We shall see if the job goes well in the am.

Anxious to shoot the Cowboy Carbine for you. Close.

Very tired this evening. Just wanted to say hello.

Gary
March 26, 2014 05:47AM
Gidday.
That's the down-under "Hello" Gary.
Been watching your continuing struggles and it reminds me that clearly life was never meant to be easy. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a cure for it!
Anyway, it's great you are finally able to get going on what you love best...shooter with bench rifle
All the best
Neil
March 29, 2014 05:03AM
Hello Neil.

Thanks for commenting. Always great to see your name here.

Thanks. We are adjusting to Paradise. I'm remaking it slowly. Once I do things about six times and they get undone - I begin to get other ideas.

Hope your major projects have gone well. Hope you got your building situation completed. Not sure where that ended up. I'm sure everybody there walks around with Post Tramatic Stress. I have the greatest respect for our military and those who have been harmed. I pray they find peace once again. I can't help but wish for a bit of that for myself too. I am aware that anyone reading the blog of my life must just thank God every day that they are not me and don't live near me. LOL! You can't make it up. And, I can't avoid living it. So; I blog forward. winking smiley

Worked on the trigger group for that carbine again this evening. Would love to just sandbag myself inside the shop for about a month. No ditches, no rain, no noise, no clutter. Just machines and materials, and the radio. Hey - the goofy radio station I listen to in the afternoon is a 100,000 watt FM. And ... it plays ENDLESS Ad Council commercials. We must be spending half the GNP on radio spots telling you that water is wet, suggesting you visit the forest this weekend, how to put out a campfire, admonishing you to get up off the couch and run in place or jump or move around for an hour a day, fill up a basketball and play with it, clean off that old bike .... "as Native American Caregivers ..." we need to do many of these things. Then, there are literal minutes where there is dead silence on the station ... maybe they are holding up cue cards to the microphone. Wow ... soooooo many differences here. How could you ever do enough homework to know what you are gonna find in a new place.

OK ... enough. Always good to hear your posts. I say a prayer for your family whenever it crosses my mind. Hope there is good results.

Blessings,
Gary
March 26, 2014 07:09AM
I guess I'm not the only one up working late. I'll be pulling some long hours in the next few days I'm betting as I complete my Masters work. These darned papers don't write themselves. It's nice to take a break to talk and look at guns. Thanks Gary. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Anonymous User
March 26, 2014 11:52AM
It is nice to hear that you are making chip's fly again. I bet you are happy that the move is behind you. Will be camping again and my uncle is bringing his 44 mag just in case.
March 27, 2014 03:45PM
Is this the project from the other post, the one that looks like it has a large-diameter moderator installed over the barrel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2014 03:48PM by rotorhead.
March 27, 2014 03:56PM
Hello Sean,

Yes it is. Thanks for clarifying.

The moderator features rows of round head stainless steel maching screws. Gives the unit the look of a "Steam Age Boiler". thumbs up

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021