Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Didn't have any Truck Bed Liner ....

Didn't have any Truck Bed Liner ....
April 05, 2014 03:31AM
image.jpg

So I just did this ....

Green bowing

Gary.
April 05, 2014 03:59AM
Hi Gary,

Could you please take the picture from another angle. The glare and shine on this one does not let me appreciate the details of your drawing.artist

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

julio
April 05, 2014 07:17AM
image.jpg

Julio - it's 2:13 am ... And here you are fussing about the photo exposure! laughing. Haha

Hope this is better. It's a metallic and pearl chip inlay I developed in the 70's. The inlays from decades ago are tight and move with the expansion and contraction of natural materials. I thought this would tie with the overall design.

singing

Gary
April 05, 2014 07:19AM
This is just raw sanded. No stock oil finish yet.

Gary
April 06, 2014 02:31AM
Thanks, this technique is new for me. I do like the contrast between the colors. Nicely done!!! Hope to see the completed airgun soon.
April 06, 2014 03:40AM
Hello Julio,

Glad you like the look Julio. The back is all carved out deeply to receive the inlay. The gun is going for the "Wild Wild West" statement. It's turning out to be a great piece.

Gary
April 06, 2014 03:35PM
That's fancy right there! Looks like you didn't forget much during the move...
April 06, 2014 09:21PM
Thanks Jerry,

I wondered it I might. Guess I recalled a few things.

I have gone over some shop notes I had to read a few times to get into the particular Worm Hole ... but I finally came out the right place. winking smiley

Gary
April 05, 2014 05:12AM
Well, OK, but I hope I see one with a black truck bed liner pebble finish soon. We've been waiting quite a while for the good stuff.

Porch.jpg

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 05:33AM by Bigbore.
April 05, 2014 03:24PM
Is this the place you've been fixing up Lon? Nice stone work ....
April 05, 2014 01:24PM
Gary,

Is the old can of spray on inlay you had around the shop before?

Going to be lovely standed and oiled.

Great hand work, cannot wait to see it finished.

Larry
April 05, 2014 02:17PM
Yeah Larry!

I saw an infomercial for it back in the 70s ... Or was it the 1870s??? I thought I was getting two cans of Buggy Bed Liner and this stuff showed up! laughing again. Just had to pay the shipping on the second can!

thumbs up

Gary
April 06, 2014 07:59PM
That is nice work ! I really like the shape of the stock too. Wide and flared in back to absorb kick back over large surface area.Must be getting exciting for you closing in on the different pieces ! Did you see it like that in the begining or does it just happen naturally ? Either way , it's beautiful . Thanks
April 07, 2014 06:33PM
Never saw this type of inlay before. Looks great and looking forward to final completed rifle.
April 08, 2014 01:05AM
Spray-on inlay, auto-engraving pencils, you sure know your way around labor-saving devices, don't you?winking smiley
April 08, 2014 05:20AM
Hi Sean,

You know it. It's 2014. All Nano Tech. wow
April 08, 2014 03:52PM
You never know Gary, the way things are going we may eventually reach the point where you dump a double handful of scrap iron and a couple shovels full of wood chips into the box, concentrate hard on what you want, and push the "make it now" button. Of course, even with that process most people would still end up with something that looks a lot like a 30-30 lever action, and you'd end up with something that nobody has ever seen before. cooler

Imagine the profusion of airguns and knives and such that you'd have cluttering up the "shop" if you could make things that easily. You'd probably be using rifles for tomato stakes, and pouring bushels of old folding knife designs back into the "maker box" when you needed to gin up a drain pipe elbow or replace a broken shovel.grinning smiley
April 08, 2014 05:59PM
You nailed it Sean. Nothing to add. thumbs up
April 08, 2014 06:17PM
LMAO....that is some funny stuff right there, i don't care who you are! beautiful work Gary!
April 08, 2014 08:59PM
Hey griz , I think Sean gets like that living waaaay up in Alaska after a loooong winter ! Cabin fever sets in and ya can't shoot in back yard with his new Barnes. Snow to deep to drive to gun club ! Stir crazy ! Pretty soon a hunt season will open and he might get on target . Hohoho Can't wait to see some slabs of lead flowers from Sean ! Splatology
April 09, 2014 04:06AM
I've been working on the 25 Steam Age (Steam Punk) Wild Wild West Airgun for lack of a better term. It's turned out very nice.

Here are a couple of pics from the work days invested.

image.jpg

Magic Pencil applied on knee ....

image.jpg

Couple of days of cutting and inlaying material.

I had told you I'd show you the piece when it was finished. And I shall. However; based upon the photos previously shown of this project - along with text and range testing ... This 25 Wild West Carbine is now SOLD. Thank you for watching.

Gary
April 09, 2014 09:11PM
Congrats on a BPS sale! Weights
April 10, 2014 12:19AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021