Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rubbing it in (video)

Rubbing it in (video)
March 25, 2009 09:15PM
I'm going to take a moment to rub in the fact that it is just not that hard to post a picture or video if you have one. I've been on conference calls all afternoon but at the end of those, we took the opportunity to shoot a jug full of water and a soda can. Timmy shot the jug and I shot the can.

That's Timmy's shot on the jug. He got it!

That's my shot on a can of orange soda. I turned the camera 90 degrees to try to capture the slug coming in. You can see it at the center top of the screen several frames before impact.

Nothing special here besides the point that neat stuff doesn't always require weeks of preparation! I know that most can't shoot out the back door or even shoot big bores in the back yard but still... It doesn't have to be Hollywood to record a fun shoot...
March 26, 2009 01:29AM
love the high-speed footage especially on the orange soda!
March 26, 2009 05:47AM
excellent!!!!!!!!! perfect!!!!!!!!smileys with beer
March 26, 2009 07:54AM
Now that's what I like, watching the lead fly to the target!!! Good stuff Jerry!!!smiling bouncing smiley
March 26, 2009 09:17AM
Lol, sorry Jerry, but that vid of the pellet travelling all the way to the can is the best yet!!
Watching that round go all the way in to the target was just too cool cool smiley
March 26, 2009 01:28PM
Thanks guys. I like watching the slug fly to the target too. It works best for reactive targets of course.
March 26, 2009 03:12PM
What did you shoot it with? What size slug base are we seeing?

Gary
March 26, 2009 10:41PM
That would be a .62 slug base right there. Another Woodsman shot. Actually those are both Woodsman shots. Since I've learned more about editing, I may be able to go back and improve the video of the shots taken on apples and tangerines way back when... Those were video showing the full path of the slug (or much of it) also.
March 27, 2009 12:31AM
Here are those old videos re-edited and posted here for you guys that read the comments. thumbs up Actually, these were never edited except for length before. I can now adjust exposure and frame rate and a few other things. These were taken on a dreary evening so I had to lighten them up a lot. These are .32 slugs fired from the Prairie III. I buffed the base of the slug and used a spot light to illuminate it. We'll have to try that again sometime.

A couple notes: Both of those shots were taken from the same spot and had near identical trajectories. We just changed the camera position between shots, that's why the apple looks like it get's hit from above. There is some extra movement because the camera was handheld for these shots. Last, I've noticed that the videos sometimes don't play properly when first opened...just hit replay.
March 27, 2009 12:49AM
Say....are those custom slugs available in mirror-finish chrome?cooler
March 27, 2009 01:13AM
My thought, exactly!wink
March 27, 2009 02:30AM
Mirror finish is standard! eye rolling smiley
March 27, 2009 02:18PM
You know, I was gonna post that .... had it written up, and then dumped it. hahah. laughing again But, I thought I'd get a violent phone call from Surefire. hahahah. Nothing like raising expectations. thumbs up

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021