Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Expedition Case For Sale! .... SOLD

Expedition Case For Sale! .... SOLD
April 27, 2014 05:54AM
I love these small precise cases. Every operation is performed at my bench with tools I've made. The designs are often Victorian Stamp Art. The case material is Nickel Silver - also known as German Silver. It's much more expensive then brass or copper. Does not easily tarnish. It's rather harder then either.

The designs are made of component tool steel punches. A reverse imaging is carved into the end of tool steel bar. When the bar is driven into the annealed Nickel Silver, it leaves a permanent imprint. Individual components can be joined to make a total design, or ... as I've done here - suggest a story in pictograph.

I have made the tooling to "raise the domes" and to hand make the hinges and latch from the integral metal of the case. This is very precise work. The case snaps shut with authority. It will last a lifetime or two.

Please note the back of the case. This particular Expedition Case carries THE FIRST STRIKING of a new LOGO STAMP for my shops here. I call my shop complex "Studio Pines". You note the three long leaf pines of this very first Barnes Studio Pines Logo. I hand carved the reverse image of the design into a hardened steel punch I prepared for the purpose.

This case is made with a soft brushed finish on the domed surfaces (for contrast and ease of masking the small wear brush marks normal usage would promote). It's mirror polished around the edges, hinges, and latch.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This special Expedition Case is priced at $345us. $7.50 shipping.

I hope you enjoyed seeing it.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2014 11:55PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Expedition Case For Sale!
April 27, 2014 10:01PM
Just noting ... on the case and all the jewelry .... you are seeing the detail at several times it's actual size. That's hard on the craftsman if they did sloppy work. If it looks nice at these extreme enlargement scales ... it will look far more impressive at actual size.

Just an "inside baseball" thing.

Gary
April 27, 2014 11:56PM
As of 4:40 pm. Saturday. SOLD

Thank you very much! take a bow

Gary
April 28, 2014 06:00PM
Nice piece!

I've always liked the cases, but I still haven't figured out what I'd use it for if I got one. It would make a great pill case, but I'm lucky enough not to have to carry around a bunch of meds...not yet, anyway. crazy I was wondering if you've ever considered finishing one with a matte finish? You know, like a sort of...say, gently sandblasted look? I might know where you can get some sand. more innocent

And on a slightly more serious note, I'm glad you found a buyer, it's a good looking item.
April 29, 2014 05:34AM
Hi Sean,

It's a worry toy. A therapy tool. You open and snap it shut. Twirl it around - repeat. Works great.

Best to plan ahead too. Since you've been bragging about not wearing glasses and not needing pills .... I suspect Father Time will remember your address sooner then later. whistling Just saying.

Gary
April 28, 2014 06:17PM
I really like them too Sean ! I was thinking 62cal 5 ring slugs maybe but you never know . I zoomed in on it a couple times just to look at how intricate it is . Somebody got a nice heirloom !
April 28, 2014 06:35PM
You may be on to something there, Kurt. One of those would make a really high-class pellet tin, wouldn't it?
May 05, 2014 04:42AM
A bigger one would hold some Zig Zag paper and some weed for all those "high rollers" out in Colorado. Stamp the front with a 7 leaved stoner flag and sell it at the cost of an oz. You'd wear out your 50 ton press trying to keep up.

Ok, Ok, if you want to feel like you are been a responsible citizen and not just capitallizing on the stupidity of others. You could make it with a child proof closure to keep all the kids of the glaucoma patients from gettting into grandpa's eye smoke! LOOK it's grandpa without his meds....crazy

You'd be a hero!

Kent
May 05, 2014 05:11AM
Ahhhhh ......

The Board of Directors has taken it under .... ah ..... advisement ....

whistling
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021