Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I think the rush is over

I think the rush is over
April 29, 2014 11:13PM
When Timmy came back to casting, he got a huge influx of pent up demand. I think that's over and he has filled the big rush. That means he can move on to other orders and hopefully, that includes owners of Barnes guns that will shoot the slugs we have molds for (a good number). After AJ stopped casting (he's part timing for Timmy now), I dragged my feet packaging and returning all of Gary's (and some of Kent's too) molds. I figured with the epic move, Gary really didn't need a bunch of molds to unwrap and casting is sure not what we want a craftsman to spend valuable time on anyway. Well, I think it might have paid off. We have the molds and a willing caster and access to expert advice when required.

If you've been sitting around looking at your artwork of a rifle and thinking "maybe I should shoot that thing...if only I had some ammo," now's the time to buy the ammo and either go shoot or add some custom ammo to your estate. wink (I was only half kidding with the estate comment, some folks think that an un-used gun from a master is more valuable than a proven gun from the same master. That makes no sense to me, it implies that the gun wears out right after shooting a few good groups. I expect, if I ever wanted to sell, the Woodsman would bring a fortune compared to the never shot guns out there. The Woodsman has proven remarkably accurate with slugs from a smooth bore, lethal as a shotgun, and more accurate than most sniper rifles with 1/3 MOA groups at 100 yards and kills out to 200 yards. You can't show that record of performance without shooting! BTW, after thousands of rounds, besides one little scuff (Gary), the gun looks brand new. Oh, it's for sale for $50,000 and visitation/shooting rights for the duration of my natural life.)

BTW, I know Kent isn't the only guy with an .87 but he's the only one who has ever shot one it appears! I can't believe huge bore owners are going to let some doctor with a wonderful family and a beautiful property he has built feel special for being the only .87 shooter too! Disclosure: we love casting the huge slugs, watching the level in the pot drop with individual castings is just cool!
Anonymous User
April 30, 2014 11:46AM
I will be placing an order as soon as my Yukon GS is finished.
April 30, 2014 09:39PM
Timmy is looking forward to that, like you!
May 01, 2014 06:06PM
Jerry,

I need 200 Bishops for the Grey Fox sized .465 302 gn.

I think you might see some evidence of Barnes guns in action soon.

I'll also have an order for some of those 25s when I discover which weight and diameter work the best for a particular gun.

PM sent.

Thanks,

Kent
May 01, 2014 09:30PM
Hi Kent! Timmy is out riding my stupid powerful dirt bike right now but I'll figure out an answer to your PM ASAP, expect tomorrow. Timmy will be happy to cast big bore again! We'll have to chat about the .25 plan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021