Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Variety Day of Projects

Variety Day of Projects
May 10, 2014 03:54AM
Worked on a casting mold.

Worked on casting mold handles - Barnes Front Hub models.

Worked on a Mother's Day Pendant for Kelly (ssshhhhhh ..... hahah - she knows .... )

Cleaned up more of the storm damage. It made quite a wreck of things .... the sink hold was only the major damage. Filouled more erosion today. Think I'm going to try the "grass plugs" you can buy by the "flat" at Lowes. You set them on a grid 8" to 24" depending upon how fast you want them to fill in.

Took care of some office work

Added yet another concrete drain to the front terrace - tapping into the underground network of pipes.

Unloaded more stuff from the last trailer out of BPN. Moved some of that up to the house. Some stored. Some stacked on the Studio Patio. Great, great, great fun?!!!! Love it ... can we move again soon ... ??? wow wow wow

Thoroughly enjoyed dinner .... Salad and French Onion Soup. Yummmm

Hope your day was good.

Oh ... BTW .... Yesterday evening .... I created a "Berm" all across the front yard. Pretty much on the right of way line for the utility company. Enough so that there is a fail safe catch all should the other systems be bypassed. Oh ... cleaned out the sand traps again ... The Alabama radio station was predicting doom. As of tonight .... we haven't had a drop. May never rain again with all the prep I've made.

Gary
May 12, 2014 08:35PM
Thunderstorm weather can be like that, all or nothing. A couple miles away they could be climbing aboard the ark, and you'll get nothing but the dusty wind. Next time around it'll be backwards and the heavens will open up over your house while they get nothing but a warm breeze. Only you'll be "prepared" by shutting the windows and grabbing a can of Pledge, and they'll be standing around looking sheepish in their (dusty) life jackets.

It would be nice if everyone could get an average amount of rain in an average amount of time, but it always seems to be feast of famine, doesn't it?
May 13, 2014 12:15AM
Hi Sean,

Today - weather channel radar showed nothing around. Written forecast showed cloudy and 20 % precip.

Started thundering. Then lightening!!! Big time!!! Then - cloud burst Help!

It does what it wants. Yes. Always extreme.

Gary
May 13, 2014 04:05PM
Make sure you give the lightning there the respect it deserves. Florida is by far the most dangerous state in the U.S. for lightning strikes, the statistics show it having about twice as many fatalities on average compared to any other state.

Perhaps the one case where being "well-grounded" isn't the best idea.electrified

Heh...I've been waiting forever to use that smiley.
May 13, 2014 06:57PM
That's great advice Sean.

Lets see ... LIGHTENING electrified

Wild fires .... hot smiley

Tornadoes .... fish. ... Fine ... there is no tornado icon.

Flooding ..... Help!

blah blah

Why doesn't everyone move here ....
May 14, 2014 05:05AM
Gary,

Have you tried the Dopler radar feature?

Lon
May 14, 2014 07:43PM
Hi Lon,

Yes. Hit the current radar. Hit the play. Shows a very brief track. Would like to see a several hour track.

Gary
May 13, 2014 10:37PM
Top view of tornado going through a smiley patch... "festive"
May 13, 2014 11:57PM
Ah ... The Pilot's Eye ... Didnt recognize that one ... winking smiley
May 14, 2014 01:45AM
Gary,

Are you doing Animal dangers too?

No poisonous snake icon either. They are another fun part of living there. The Reaper

Larry
May 14, 2014 04:37AM
Gee thanks Larry! Thank GOD you didn't let me forget that one!

More sad
May 19, 2014 03:46PM
And don't forget the most dangerous thing in Florida...the snowbird.scared

Not buying it? Lets see...eighty years old times 7000 pound vehicle multiplied by 65 miles per hour, minus reaction time times bad eyesight equals...yup, major road hazard. At least you're not down in Boca Raton or Miami.excited
May 19, 2014 10:55PM
Yeah ... Thank GOD I can't afford Boca ... whistling
May 21, 2014 01:28AM
Can you imagine how they'd react to a coal-fired forge down there?Pipe smoker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021