Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Check your tickets and your packages

Check your tickets and your packages
May 13, 2014 05:09AM
Just a humorous rendition of a typical trip to ... fill in store .... whistling

Today ... after one of our "Pop Up Thunder Storms" ... I decided to go to Lowes for grass seed. Hope to get some roots on the new berm and yard area to help protect against erosion. Don't know you ... but I have this uncanny ability to arrive at isle 43 ... go halfway down ... about knee high ..... and find the one empty bin in the row. Or the one hook with nothing on it among the fifty other full hooks. I've come to expect and almost accept and expect it .... nearly. winking smiley

The exception is the crushed box, the bag with a hole in it, the taped shut package, the box with the handwritten sharpie stock number on it.

This is just for fun .... but it's an example of a typical trip for supplies. winking smiley

I go to buy grass seed. Now - most of the junk is just green mulch in the bag, with 10-20% grass seed. The bag will tell you that they are screwing you if you read it. "Filler, Mulch, Starter" - anything but grass seed. Well - one of the big bags is called "contractor preferred" or some such name. It's like 88% seed - shocking ... real grass seed in a bag of grass seed! ... but ... they were down to two mutilated bags. Surprise. Not.

So; One is about empty - grass seed all inside the big box containing the bags for sale. The second and only other one, looks like a bag ... but there's a repaired slit all the way across the bag. Supposed to be 20 pounds. And, the darn bags are $40 so I pointed it out to a clerk. She acted like it was above her pay grade. Called someone else. She showed him the OTHER side of the bag and said ... is this full? He said ... yeah ... he was busy with someone else. I turn it around, show him the clear taped 8" slit. Show him the box full of seed ... he says ... No - it's not full. Then - I ask if they can "help me with it some" ... they don't quite get it .... finally light dawns ... we go to a couple of different registers,
I get it for $20.

Probably near full but - it's their fault for the merchandising habits of 1). Making 60 pound size bags, and hoping people don't rationalize that $40 is a lot for 20 lbs of grass seed in the bottom of a rip stop bag (like a big dog food bag). So who knows if it's ful or notl? 2). They never take anything off the shelf if it's damaged. They move it to the front and hope some fool just grabs it and goes with it. 3). Lowes is also famous for mislabeling prices. Hoping you won't notice the change correction that takes place up at the register. Happens to me all the time. "Oh ... that pricing was for a sale that ended last week - they never changed the sign". "Oh ... that pricing was for a single pack - these have 3 in them". "Someone must have stocked them on the wrong hook. Customer moved them" - right ... all 65 packages .... Oddly - never works out to the customer's advantage when mistakes are made. And, unless you check your ticket - you WILL pay + $10 or more. I even stand in line behind people who catch stuff like this. "Ah ... wasn't that supposed to be $9.99?" "Nope - it's $29.99". Hoping you'll just say fine. Try to tell them this happens to you all the time ... and they just look at you like you are some tin hat conspiracy freak. Who ... US??? It's a running regular series of mistakes ... can't you just accept that ... and stop checking your tickets?

So; I left with my trophy and sowed it after the storm when the weather cooled 20 degrees. We shall see if I get roots before the flood or I get my hard earned seed washed down into the woods.

Worked on mold handles. Mold hardware. Went down to the big shop to look for a bar of 1 1/2" by .125" cold rolled flat stock for the top cutter bar. Found one about the time I heard a particularly loud clap of thunder following a big ole lightening flash. Let's see ... carrying a 6' length of steel bar to the door, and up to the Studio .... lightening storm .... SOMETHING is speaking to me .... rethink your timing .... maybe later ... do another part now ....

OK just checking in. Stay safe.
Guess many of you are working on those pics requested by Mappi in his post. Looking forward to seeing those! whistling

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2014 05:13AM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
May 13, 2014 11:50AM
When our customer's buy part's for refrigeration, hvac or ice machine's. We give them the price up front including tax, no surprise here. R22 refrigerant is at an all time low at $242.00 for a 30 pound jug. When I started here it was $478.00 and nobody would buy it. Mo99 is a replacement for it and at the time it was half the price. Dupont is in control of the pricing of most refrigerant. What about airgun's, is there anything coming soon? Watch out for that lightning in florida, it is wicked and deceptive in it's appearance. Good luck Gary on your water control system>>>
May 13, 2014 07:09PM
AIRGUNS!!!????

Don - this is the Relocation Channel. pushingarock. I can't believe you brought up airguns ... As if you were tired of ditches, berms, clay, sinkholes, and other stimulating topics ....

laughing

I've got a couple of things up my sleeve.

Lets see .... Metaphor .... I'm plugging holes in the hull, mending sails, drying the charts that got soaked, fixing the rudder, AND I spend all the time I can up in the Crow's Nest ... Hang in there.
May 13, 2014 10:43PM
Gary,
Just scratch a "1" in that bar and you'll be OK. As Lee Trevino can attest, even God can't hit a 1 iron!
May 13, 2014 11:58PM
Clever .... nowthatIthink
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021