Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Interesting find! winking smiley

Interesting find! winking smiley
May 17, 2014 06:52PM
image.jpg

You might recall our friend Scott had a mishap with his Appaloosa Rifle. Standing up on its buttstock - it fell over. In a perfect storm of events, the stock broke inultiple places! I won't show much. You'd cry. No fear - I can fix it.

BUT - this happened before I moved. You already know my complete joyful experience in moving and the time it's taken. I note the date on the crate - and it was just over two years ago Scott sent his Appaloosa in. Now - the point is not what a lousy creep of a customer service representative I am. That's a given. knucklehead. My point is ... The gun -shipped from Scott to Md., and eventually trailered down here - and stored in various locations - and finally just opened - IS STILL HOLDING AIR. grinning smiley

image.jpg

The stock is a mess. But - I'll be able to restore it. winking smiley

Gary
May 17, 2014 09:01PM
Does this have anything to do with my "Airgun storage" thread I started up a while ago? smiling smiley But that is pretty amazing. Reading up on some of the Korean makes, I find that a lot of them have an issue with air leakage. I guess it's likely your quality control and material are juuuust sliiiightly superior to theirs.

btw nice glean on that action.
May 18, 2014 02:58AM
Yes. I did think of you when I realized it was holding. winking smiley

Here is a pic of the stock. Spoke to Scott today. He said he'd posted one earlier ...

image.jpg

Ahhhh .... Lovely!!

wow

This is what you call - an "exploded view" of one of my stocks. whistling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2014 03:00AM by barnespneumatic.
May 18, 2014 05:27PM
Man! Look at how much surface area had to split.stunned

Lon
May 18, 2014 06:30PM
Gary, you should have had "Graphic" in the title of this post! A gruesome sight.....
But I know you will have it looking as good as newthumbs up
Cheers
Neil
May 18, 2014 08:34PM
Hi Neil,

I told Scott ... readers are gonna be equally horrified over two things. 1). The condition of the stock. excited 2). The fact that he's taken the gun out and shot it! Bang!

Oh no!!!!!

Ya see what happens when you break the plastic wrapping and take them out of the cardboard box? Just like "Stinky Pete". Haha.

Gary
May 19, 2014 05:08AM
It's painful to see such a beautifully engraved stock smashed to bits. I don't doubt that it'll be good as new once you're done with it, but I can't help but wonder if a metal trigger guard wouldn't be the way to go considering the extent of the damage.
May 19, 2014 06:30AM
Anonymous User
May 19, 2014 11:53AM
Hurting my eye's just to look at this. Enough to make a grown man cry!
May 19, 2014 07:29PM
Ahhhh, that'll buff right out, you watch and see!
May 19, 2014 11:11PM
May 19, 2014 09:46PM
I did cry! crying And I want to cry again now that I see it from this perspective. not lookin' good
As I orignially posted, NEVER lean your rifle against the wall without good support. You may regret it! More sad

Gary has my permission to fix my mistake however he sees fit. I trust his ability both mechanically and asthetically. He made it awesome once, I know he will do it again. (I won't be telling my wife how much it costs....She rolled her eyes at me when I told her who was on the phone when Gary called.)

Scott
Sal
May 20, 2014 03:12AM
This is like one of those "ouch that's gotta hurt videos" that you cringe at when you see but keep rewinding to see it again.
May 21, 2014 01:25AM
"buff right out"...right.....eye rolling smiley
May 21, 2014 01:48AM
Used that "magic eraser" on the worst parts ... winking smiley
May 22, 2014 03:23AM
You watch and see!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021