Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day
May 25, 2014 07:04PM
Thank you for Military Service. We appreciate it.

The guy on the other side of the woods - with the idiot thumping bass speakers - thanks you too. wow. I'm going to "engrave louder!" - two can play at that!! Haha.

For those fearing I might die before finishing their gun: I lost ten pounds lately. Probably sweat and labor. Do I have to wear spandex or will Demim and Tees count as healthy too?

We have a FULL flock of Crows which moan, squalk, and cawl, non stop! Loud birds. Don't make me scope that 87 smooth bore!! Haha.

We have 11 family coming here tomorrow. We stuck in some horseshoe pits and I got the wooden frame HUMMER go kart running. The young teens (and old coots) should have fun with that.

Cleaning up a bit. Had an unexpected thindercstorm this afternoon. Cooled it off s bunch. Nice. Allowed me to work more and i got my family day clean up list done! yay!!!

We hope you have a great weekend. A special blessing to our wounded warriors. God Bless.

Gary and Kelly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2014 02:06AM by barnespneumatic.
May 26, 2014 12:01AM
Have a great day. Thanks to all who have served, especially those who paid the ultimate price.

Will
May 26, 2014 02:56PM
Thk you Will,

Hope your Day is good!

Gary
Anonymous User
May 26, 2014 01:20PM
Thank you to ALL that have served, and a very special thank,s to Lt. Col. E. F. Baird.
May 26, 2014 02:55PM
Hope you have a great day Don! Thk you.
Gary
May 26, 2014 05:04PM
Gary,

Have a nice long weekend with your family. I'm working today but I usually get this holiday off.

As I get older, I reflect more and more on the meaning of this holiday.

Go easy on the neighbors, that loud engraving can really get on a guy's last nerve.

Lon
May 27, 2014 03:54AM
Hi Lon,

I might even whistle while I engrave! HAH!!! That'll get 'em!!! Not to triffle with an old coot!! Pipe smoker

We had a great day. Couldn't have been better. Go Kart was busy all day. I managed to be under there to put the chain on and readjust the tightener - put down a slab of plywood then ended up with my head in the dirt anyway. Great - the kid's smiles were ear to ear.

Horse shoe Pits got a good break in. Dozens and Dozens of pictures taken. Food was great. Good conversation all day.

thumbs up thumbs up

Gary
May 26, 2014 08:22PM
Best of luck with the big family party, hope everyone has a great time.

And thanks to all the others who serve in the military, especially those overseas and away from family and friends.May you all return home safely to help celebrate coming memorial days of your own.
May 27, 2014 03:57AM
Hi Sean,

Thanks. Party was great! Wonderful family day. And, was probably the first and best time more of the property was in use and looking decent. Most all of the storm damage was last repaired in prep for the party.

Was just a great day. I'll find a pic or two.

Hope yours was great too!

Thanks much. smileys with beer

Gary
May 26, 2014 09:57PM
Wouldn't the 87 be just a bit of overkill on a crow? winking smiley Happy Memorial Day Gary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2014 01:12AM by dlalder.
May 27, 2014 04:00AM
Thanks Doug,

Nah - I'd like to watch a Black Feathery "Puff!!!" thru the scope. In mid Squawk!!!

Thanks - we had a great day. Each one of these will heal a few of the other memories.

Hope you had a fine day too!

Gary
May 27, 2014 04:12AM
image.jpg

This go-kart was built by the father and sons - previous owners. We found it under a tarp up by the garden. Started on the second pull of the rope. Great fun kart. I've just made a few quick adjustments to it and it's pretty reliable. 5.5 HP with an expanding pulley transmission and centrifugal clutch system like a snowmobile. It will pull Kelly and I without any bog down. I locked the wheels for positive traction - better on gravel. Changed the foot brake to a hand brake. Set up a wooden (oak) chain tightener. Haha. The whole frame and body are a unit of wood/plywood. The kids can handle it with no issues. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

image.jpg

My son had a "good shoe" day. Broke in the pits well! winking smiley

Couldn't have been a better day!

Really fine.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2014 04:17AM by barnespneumatic.
May 27, 2014 04:27AM
Gary,

Glad you had a great time. Looks like fun. But we need to talk about aerodynamics on the car.

Larry
May 27, 2014 07:07AM
Looks like you had a fun family day Garythumbs up
Hope those " thindercstorm's" stay away though, they sound deadly!!excited
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021