Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Finally, something to post about..

Finally, something to post about..
July 14, 2014 07:02AM
Been a bit quiet here downunder, but now I am back shooting so here goes...
The Green Machine has morphed.......into a carbine.
Remember this fine .44 cal pistol that was built for me by Danny a while back?
[www.airgunrendezvous.com]
Well, she was accurate enough in the right hands (not mine), and though I managed a 3 shot .75" group at 40 yards rested on a shooting bag, sadly my shaky hands couldn't hit the side of a barn shooting offhand. So Danny whizzed me up a hunk of timber (blond walnut), and the Green Machine morphed into a carbine.....
 photo IMG_5127_zps4fba0e9c.jpg
 photo IMG_5130_zpsf3d71e42.jpg
Well, in the new configuration I shot this group offhand at 40 yards, 5 117 grain roundball off a 3500 psi fill. I pulled the 4th shot, the others grouped within 1.2" (you'll see I need to adjust the windage by a couple of inches):
 photo 20140713_151452-Copy_zps1c7fe345.jpg
The Green Machine is ready to knock over some game now. And I admit I am no pistol shooter! But I love this carbine grinning smiley
Cheers
Neil
July 14, 2014 03:48PM
That's great Neil,

Thanks for posting.

You're nearly ready for Expedition! Better take a crate of assorted tents, beans, flour, and bandages. Green bowing

That looks good.

BTW ... Just occurred .... whenever I'm testing a slug - I never want my scope dialed "ON". If you do - first couple of shots will eat out your aim spot ... then you will be aiming at a ragged hole for the rest of the group. So - you did it right. Just adjust before the Safari Crew arrives in the morning. thumbs up

Gary
July 14, 2014 10:58PM
Great shooting! Smart move going from what doesn't suit you to what does. Obviously a wise decision you will enjoy for a long time.
July 14, 2014 11:36PM
I've been thinking Jerry - your 62 Yukon was making about 850 fpe with your custom slugs? I think you need a pistol stock for THAT action ... bad dude

Sort of the reverse of Neil's project! wow

Gary
July 18, 2014 04:59AM
Good idea! I've been working out and can now almost lift the Yukon with one hand! Pistol shooting is just around the corner!
July 15, 2014 02:10AM
Hello Neil,

That is a great looking stock. The blonde walnut is a nice contrast to the green and black.
Please post when you do take it out hunting.

Pedro
Sal
July 15, 2014 06:06PM
Really nice looking! I think it looks right at home as a carbine. I personally prefer carbine's so I may be prejudice.
July 15, 2014 09:15PM
Thanks guys. I need to organise a hunt! Anyone know where I can get some porters to carry the gear that Gary says I need?grinning smiley
Cheers
Neil
Sal
July 16, 2014 05:18PM
I have a 13 and 10 year old porter I'm looking to get rid of. The work they provide doesn't justify the room and board I have to provide! self-hammer
July 18, 2014 07:50AM
Hehe Sal, my most likely porter left home to go flatting, he just turned 21 and it was definitely time he branched out on his own....
Cheers
Neil
July 29, 2014 01:15AM
flatting?
July 29, 2014 04:01AM
I'm gonna take a shot ... "The process of securing one's own apartment (a "flat" in several cultures).

Gary
July 29, 2014 06:48PM
That's it Gary. New Zealand term for sharing a house with others, usually young guys and gals. In this case my boy is sharing with other guys so there are no gals to keep them in line or tidy. I would hate to see his room!
Cheers
Neil
July 29, 2014 09:49PM
Neil,
Really? I'd suggest you not discount the presence of gals! laughing
July 29, 2014 10:24PM
As occasional visitors to the bachelor demensne, the female species are a very desirable (if elusive) addition. As permanent residents, they typically require permanent alterations to the natural lifestyle of the young adult male that make them difficult, if not outright impossible to accommodate on a long-term basis. A great deal of additional finishing work is usually required to make the young adult male of the species acceptable in it's "green" state. Needless to say, this is usually a project completed over a considerable span of time, often by more than one craftsman (or woman, in this case) working on an part-time basis.

Sound about right? smiling smiley
July 30, 2014 02:18AM
Well said.

take a bow
July 30, 2014 03:19AM
Concur. I've noticed that when Timmy starts cleaning, the girlfriend shows up in 20 minutes...
July 30, 2014 06:56AM
Jerry I wasn't discounting the presence of gals, I was hoping for it and dreading the results of lack of them, hence I said: "so there are no gals to keep them in line or tidy". I wish there were.
Cheers
Neil
August 04, 2014 06:28AM
Nothing works quite so well as the "encouragment" of the ladies when it comes to minor issues like, say, being able to see the actual floor through the dirty laundry and pizza boxes. Especially when they keep dropping subtle little hints like "this place is a pigsty, I'm scared to touch any of your furniture". smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021