Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Working On ....

Working On ....
August 05, 2014 03:51AM
A few Casting Molds I sold last week.

A small ordered pocket knife I sold last week. Not the mid lock - another one.

An Expedition Case sold. One with Sunflowers on it! Gonna be real nice - I like it. Finishing an inscription on another.

Getting the Prototype Outrider ready to ship. Container arrived for shipment.

Working on the other few Outrider sets of parts. Number's 2 and 3 especially.

It was a wonderful week or arranging work to do to carry us about a month - 6 weeks. Now I have to complete all of that work. I'm on the job.

I've ordered materials here a few times. The Big Brown Truck finds me here just fine.

We had two appointments at Maryland. Both cancelled at the last minute we were expecting. However; both rescheduled. HOWEVER: both went off without any comment reaching us at all. You'd think we were trying to sell a leper colony. We worked ourselves to near our last brain cell to make certain that was a sound house - with no hidden issues. We passed discouraged long, long ago. So; I'm just working here. I don't know what else to do.

I hope you will find some interesting projects, along the way; to keep us going. We appreciate it. I just can't perform miracles. I can't know the unknown. A lot of people are sure they have the solution. They ALL involve ME educating myself in some unknown process ... forcing the hand of immovable persons and agencies ... creating a solution to the issue facing millions of sellers in this economy. My plate is full. I simply cannot do one more thing. So; that's just God's truth. I'm giving this effort 110% of what I have, at this time. The equity I built into that place for 34 years, is just bleeding away at a steady flow. I hope you find some items to appear worthy of your collection. It's just best that I don't calculate what I get for 41 years of professional detailed experience.

Thanks for reading. Thank you, sincerely; for those of you who opened your thoughts to purchasing last week. We couldn't appreciate it more.

Gary and Kelly
August 05, 2014 09:47PM
Hi Gary,

Sounds like you are burning the candles at both ends! I am sure those are some long days you are putting in.

It is sad that all the hard work, and thoroughness isn't being appreciated by potential buyers for the MD property. Hopefully something happens soon.

Drove 1.5 hours for a follow up visit for the hernia surgery I had. Don't know why I couldn't see a local doctor and save the driving. In the waiting room, at least have wifi. Oh well will have supper with parents while here.

Warm regards,

Pedro
August 05, 2014 09:58PM
The process of listening to (and keeping a straight face) as you herd potential buyers through a house for sale might be one of the only valid reasons to hire a "realtor" to sell a place. Having been the proverbial "fly on the wall" listening to a number of those walk-throughs, it's maddening to hear the offhand comments people make dismissing or ridiculing a sellers choice of furnishings or the details they put into a house. Instructive at times, since you get to know what 'average' buyers are looking for and how they perceive the place, but frustrating none the less. A project that you spent weeks or months getting JUST right gets passed by without comment, while a random $5 garage-sale item hanging on the wall might get rave reviews. A few minor cosmetic scratches in a hardwood threshold get scathing comments on "how run-down the place is", while the "hope it lasts five minutes more until they're gone" patch on the ancient roof gets nary a glance. It's almost totally random, people are so different in what they think is important.

The right buyer will come by someday, hope it's soon.
August 05, 2014 11:18PM
Thank you guys.

I think the sale of that place will be the death of me. I'd be happy to honestly answer any serious question. But, the stuff I've heard back from the Realtor were stuff like ..... When the weeping cherry tree was in full bloom - the "tree was buzzing". Bees. Of course .... That met we had a "bee problem", of course! Then - once the bloom passed - there were "dead bees laying on the shop floor". Well - you can understand why they weren't scheduling any showings ...,

There was an area were some top cement delamination had taken place on the enormous wrap around patio. Spring in Maryland after the freeze of Winter. Of course - that indicated the place was run down. Cause no homeowner is ever gonna do any seasonal minor repairs. It's a game to see if there is anything that can be found to justify giving the client their own cable TV show where they nit pick nonsense, I guess. I can't ever watch any of the home shows. It's a collection of the most spoiled, entitled, unreasonable, intellectually under water persons alive today.

The Realtors have one trick. Wait out the buyer to lower the price. They are unable to "sell" anything. It's another instance where they are protected by a certification process and a complex mess of "sign here" legal crap.

But then, ah ..... Oooommmmmhhhmmmm .... Breathe ........ Ooohhhmmmmmm ....... Breathe ....... Be funny if it wasn't time and money just draining away.

Sorry - I can do a thousand things. But I can't fix stupid. And I can't make enough time in each day for me to do everything wanted. These people would actually want me to hire some fool to stop the tree from buzzing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 02:39AM by barnespneumatic.
August 06, 2014 02:45AM
Long days that start with a dump truck full of life landing on my chest.

dig it
August 06, 2014 03:48AM
This might be the one occasion where simple human greed works in your favor, since RE agents work on commission. Of course, it has to overcome the considerable inertia of human laziness since new cookie-cutter houses are easier to sell than old places with character.

The day will come, I feel sure of it.
August 11, 2014 01:10AM
We had a similar problem with a tree buzzing. Kyle figured out just what it was "festive".
Kyles buzz.jpg
So we put it in a box and now we get honey! Problem solved.
Full of bees.jpg
"When life gives you bees, make honey" I always say.
These two go together like bees and honey.
Knife and Case.jpg
Just don't keep them in the same pocket if you want the shine to last.
FYI 8/30/88 Prototype 3 #985 This knife was "minted" 18 days after my marriage, 26 years ago.smileys with beer
The case arrived while we were celebrating the anniversary (yes, a little early) on vacation with the kids. Time flys.

Kent
August 11, 2014 02:24AM
I always loved that knife. Don't recall where it went to start its travels. Glad you found it. Perhaps the Mrs. found it for you. BTW - that is a Nickle Silver Roller Engraved Case on the knife. One of the Nautilus Series. The blade is glass beaded high carbon Stainless.

Great Combination together! thumbs up Love it.

Gary
August 11, 2014 10:31PM
And an impressive photo of the pair!
August 12, 2014 08:53PM
Ah HA!

So...you haven't ALWAYS hated stainless then...grinning smiley
August 12, 2014 10:38PM
Thin ice!
August 13, 2014 06:58PM
The thin ice is usually where the fishing is best, ain't that the way life always works?
Sal
August 13, 2014 08:02PM
So true!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021