Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Weekend

Weekend
March 29, 2009 10:18PM
Aplosa1.jpg

Here are the rest of the parts for the Appaloosa. Made the front barrel clamp and mirror polished it. Sanded and polished the hammer tube cap.

Aplosa2.jpg

Here's a snapshot of the stock, now complete. Just finishing some tuning and it's all done. In the house for a break. Hip is threatening to walk out (limp out) on me.

bison.jpg

And a 56 Bison receiver for B. Butler. I'm jig welding some of the components for a couple of Bison as well now. The other right now is for J. Woodward 45 caliber). More on these next week.

I'm also making the crate for the Appaloosa. Also made some organizational plans for the shop. Common Spring and sustained energy! thumbs up

Hope your weekend has been good.

Gary
March 30, 2009 12:36AM
Looks good Gary. Will be great to see that Appaloosa with all its pieces together. thumbs up

Glad you avoided the muddy mess outside. Lots of inside "spring cleaning" this weekend . . . nursing a sore heel and hoping for dryer weather over the next few days.

-- Jim
March 30, 2009 02:06AM
We had 6 inches of snow yesterday, but most of it is gone now. Crazy midwest weather! confused
It's definitely going to be a muddy mess around here for a while crying

That stock looks great grinning smiley I can't wait to see it all put together cooler

Scott
March 30, 2009 02:29AM
thumbs up

Gary
March 30, 2009 03:51PM
Holy cow!

thats the same stock? And it will mellow to a darker richer color? NICE!

Whats the Barnes aprroved method of caring for that stock when the customer gets it?
March 30, 2009 04:14PM
The Barnes Approved method of caring for the stock is to give it plenty of fresh air. grinning smiley

Never lock it away in stale closets.

Other than that ... ignore it, and watch it get richer.

Gary
March 30, 2009 06:50PM
Heheh, a little Olde English furniture polish too (on the rag, not the stock), right? Or have I been buying stuff I don't need? knucklehead

-- Jim
March 30, 2009 09:52PM
Sure - that's right. The Olde English works well. We want actual spray "wax" ... not one of the "no wax" formulas.

On the rag ... not the gun ... correct .... so as not to drown the gun in propellant.

Gary
March 31, 2009 04:50PM
Propellant? Are you worried that the chemicals used to push the stuff out of the can maybe harmful to the finish?

Another reason to keep the gun outside as much as possible!

Gary, have youever done that kind of detail work on a laminated stock?
March 31, 2009 05:02PM
Yes - just a thought that's always been there in the back of my mind.

Also - to my taste, carving traditional vines and scrolls would be a clash on laminated wood. It would also be so busy, the eye would find it confusing. I have done some panels of "pebbling" which worked well. It's shown on a Victory pistol somewhere on the site.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021