Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Whatever day it was ...

Whatever day it was ...
August 13, 2014 06:23AM
Another mold Cherried.

Some knife blade grinding. Pattern work last night and this am.

Some Outrider work on barrel ring/stock bolts

A bit of trimming around the place.

And, during most of this ... a Migraine. That quit about 11:30 pm.

On to tomorrow. Oh ... it's 1:22 .... tomorrow.

take a bow
August 13, 2014 07:00AM
Hi Gary
It would be nice to think the health issues would leave you alone for a bitwhy me....any progress with the accursed Maryland property?
Cheers
Neil
August 13, 2014 03:46PM
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the greeting. Always glad to see your name.

Neil ... I've found that you seriously bum people out when you honestly answer questions. So; brace yourself. Yeah - it's occurred to me that if just a couple of things would get off my back, instead of new ones being added - it would help. I must be more "specific" in my wishes. winking smiley

The house remains an impenetrable issue. I think I could nail the title to the front door and not be able to get anyone to go inside. It defies any logic.

Radio tells me it's extremely important to avoid Stress Neil. Ha ..... ha Ha .... HA HA ..... HAHAHAHAHAHA laughing

thumbs up. Thanks Neil

Gary
August 13, 2014 12:03PM
One of my guys just went to emergency room the other day with a migraine !
He was throwing up it hurt so bad !! He said he went almost 12 yrs without one and then they started back up. What a bummer to have to live thru Gary . I can't even imagine . Glad it went away for now !
August 13, 2014 06:34PM
But just think of all the "character" you're supposedly building through meeting the challenges of daily adversity. winking smiley

That said however, whoever the guy was that said "that which does not kill us makes us stronger" obviously never had to deal with back problems. AND he was a glutton for punishment.
August 13, 2014 08:54PM
Yep. If I get any "stronger" I'm just gonna bust. thumbs up
August 13, 2014 09:59PM
Ya the same guy said Pain Is weekness leaving the body too ! I sure thank my wife for getting me to the rite surgeons . Working hospitals was a big plus in knowing who's good and who's Best ! Plus there is always 100 people in waiting room before you !( but your always next in line) So moldy cherries huh? Are those for outlander series too? Or special orders ? Judging by size of your last mold is there 2-3 at a time in each pour ?
August 14, 2014 03:37AM
Hi Kurt,

The caliber determines what I can get on a mold end. I can put two fifty calibers on my normal block ends. In 25 caliber - where I had a few different guys request - I can put three on an end.

When there are multiples, they can be the same or a variety. I use the same tooling for a triple copy of one slug. I try my best. But the cutting is controlled by hand. I "feel" the cutter milling. I can sense if the cut is clean. I can hear the machine's pulse. I know when I must stop and clean swarf (debris). Point is - its "me" that is using the tools and cutters three times in a row. It's my ability to cut the same slug cavity that makes is a good or poor copy.

This week - I had a mold just have an awkward patch. When done - I could not tell the difference between two mold cavities that were supposed to be the same. The margin of error was so close as to be non-existent when measuring the two. They were, to all my skill sets - identical. RIGHT - I made a complete new mold and cut them all again. Because I knew I had had trouble with it. It had not gone along a linear path. So; "I" didnt trust own 41 + years of experience - that's part of the reason ill never make a buck. But it keeps the quality level sky high.

Gary
August 14, 2014 06:15AM
The buyers appreciate your sky high qc Gary bowing.
August 14, 2014 04:02PM
So...instead of a CNC machine, you've got a GGF machine (Garys Got a Feeling). As in, "I've got a good feeling about this one", or "feels about right".

Much harder to program, takes decades. No wonder there's not many of them around these days. Pipe smoker
August 15, 2014 01:29AM
Timmy went through a dry patch but shipped 1700 more slugs the other day. Haven't had to make any adjustments at all to the molds! Quality equipment rocks!
August 15, 2014 03:24AM
That's good to hear Jerry. Thanks.

I have a few molds here, with sizing dies, for 308, 50, 62 caliber that will be shipping to you - along with your own purchase.

I've been getting it all ready. Might need one of those heavy lift Drones to get it up over the Blue Ridge Mts., .....

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021