Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Idea Participation.

Idea Participation.
August 29, 2014 01:47AM
Had an idea you might enjoy.

Preamble: I'm habitually working pretty close to the edge. So; let's take that for granted and this game will live in that 5% between where you are in a tight drift, gravel is spraying, engine whining, adrenalin has peeked ... but you haven't gone over the edge - so you are good. thumbs up

So; strap in and here goes. There has to be SOMEthing more then guilt for not having pulled 35 hours out of the day. There has to be a place where I enjoy some things. Small things. Dont want to go soft on everybody ... For myself - I enjoy adding to my collection of Tool Steel Relief Stamps. The stuff I use on the cases, and jewelry. I've made a few new ones recently. Sunflower parts. Different centers. Leaf variations. Couple of Bees.

I've invented a couple of neat jewelry designs - in my head. Knocked out a couple prototype parts. Made a couple jigs.

Here's the game. What would you like to see? My Son texted me the other night and asked if I'd ever made any cigar cutters? Hummm. Evidently there is a world of expensive cutters that were QUIT eye opening. $475 for nice Commercial parts assembled with a tiny Sliver of ancient ivory. I've had key fob items suggested. I'm curious regarding anything you might have come into contact with that struck you in a ... hey ... "That's neat!" Moment.

What motif are you into? All about Manatees? Whales? You get the idea. Hopefully.

Don't worry that going to spend an hour enjoying myself instead of spending 76 hours finishing your rifle tomorrow. This is the stuff that keeps me from reporting UFO sightings. Lend a hand.

smileys with beer

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 01:59AM by barnespneumatic.
August 29, 2014 12:43PM
Well,

A cigar cutter is a good idea, or a pocket cigar case (to hold three cigars). How about a clasp to hold an employee ID on a laniard or belt clip. You can also try your hand a making pens. A nice ball point pen that uses a high end inn cartridge; with a leather case.

keith
August 29, 2014 02:49PM
Hi Keith,

Thanks! Good ideas. Those are interesting. The employee tag clip - is that basically the butterfly spring clip with a lanyard loop? We here at BPS can't wear them - lathes and stuff ya know. Hehe. I can see some smultzed up version of one of those.

Now, what's the normal length and diameter of the hundred dollar cigar these days? winking smiley.
That would be a nice case. I'll have to look that up. But, once I do - ill be getting Cigar salesmen at the door - hummm.

Thanks for your participation.

Gary
August 29, 2014 04:46PM
Have to think on this one for a while, I'll get back to you.
August 30, 2014 12:41AM
It's gotta be something that's easily mailed or shipped. A couple of folks here might like a high-quality break-down shooting bench setup, but the shipping would kill you. Maybe something like monogrammed / personalized letter opener sets, highly polished/file-worked non-sharp "blade" with an fancy engraved walnut base? Perhaps a combination of high-polish stainless/ bronze/damascus? How about a decorative, miniature blackpowder salute cannon, or a similar, small golf-ball mortar with adjustable elevation and carriage? Personalized stationary embossing stamps? Fancy walking sticks/canes (you'll note I didn't say diddly about swords here winking smiley).

You might want to get one of those "gentlemans catalogs" with all those useless gadgets that you never knew you 'needed' until you saw it (usually while stuck on an airplane with nothing to read), and check it over for ideas. I used to get one in the mail from A.G. Russells (sp?) in the mail that had all kinds of that stuff, it might provide some inspiration.
August 30, 2014 06:37AM
Hi Sean,

It's 1:30 am. Just came in from finishing that engraved mill scene knife. I was lucky to pull an "extra shift" tonight - after the day shift. Late enough the radio was talking to some guy about Time Travel, and a few other assorted ... alien

I like your ideas. I have staffs sitting around everywhere - curing. Figured on some carved "woods Spirits" walking staves.

Love the embossing stamp idea. Hummm.

Thanks Sean,

Gary
August 29, 2014 05:44PM
Thinking .......
August 29, 2014 06:12PM
thinking ...part two smiling smiley
August 29, 2014 06:20PM
Military insignia is always a good motive (Marines,Rangers,Airforce....).
August 30, 2014 06:39AM
True. Thks. winking smiley
August 29, 2014 08:58PM
I am always intrigued by things that shoot or bang . I purchased an ink pen that shoots metal bb's and tried to duplicate but they always turned our as big or bigger that my thumb! I would love to see one of those . Maybe a brocock type system with a pump on board or separate . Harper used to make a micro key chain pistol that's pretty cool .
Also I was thinking a small type air cannon . There would be a lot of cool design with wood and metal say maybe a foot or so long barrel maybe 1-1/4" OD . Ammo I haven't thought about too much but of course lead is always good ! Hmmmmm , maybe That's not the type of game you were thinkin but still kinda cool to me .
August 30, 2014 06:52AM
Lots of cannons and mortars working in here. Haha. Gee - WHAT could go wrong!?!! nowthatIthink

George - "is it loaded? Are you sure you loaded it?"

Bob - "yeah ... it's loaded real good - I can read 'Spalding' right on the front!!!"

knucklehead

Mamma - "well ain't that just the cutest little ole thing??"

Fred - MAMA!!!!!!! - DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!!!

Bang!
August 30, 2014 05:57PM
Like the image I keep seeing on the internet (undoubtedly photoshopped) of the M-2 50 cal. machinegun barrel with the message printed around the end of the muzzle "smile and wait for flash".self-hammer
August 30, 2014 08:44PM
Hi Gary,

I'm with Keith on the idea of a custom made pen. If you decide to adventure, I'll buy the fist one.thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021