Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Elk Stag Saddle Lock - complete - FOR SALE

Elk Stag Saddle Lock - complete - FOR SALE
October 01, 2014 02:11AM
Here it is Gentlemen. Thanks for your comments. I started to Post it on the other thread. However; I do so much on the phone - loading the pic intensive threads takes time, so I started a new one. Lets see - I hit something here and it loaded prior to the completion of text. I might have to clean it up later ....

Elk Stag. Relief Carved. Special technique of staining, and then blending the colors for contrast and age. It's all permanent. Will just mellow from here. All steel is stainless. Most high carbon stainless tool steel. Selective heat treated blade and spring.

Just final tuning and fiddling to sweeten things left. It's a good pc. I think it has a 15th Century German Hunting Lodge feel about it. Blade about 3 1/8". Long wedge profile. Huge grinding wheels make it almost flat ground. A great slicing blade.

$850us. Terms if desirable. Ask thru PM system upper right of screen. But I need a goodly chunk up front. Thanks guys. As you see, I'm staying in practice. But I can smell the Wolves and hear snapping teeth. I really appreciate your support. Realtor said Open House last weekend was good ... But ... No offers yet.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2014 02:22AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
October 01, 2014 04:19AM
There is another detail yet to be affixed to the knife. You will like it even more. winking smiley.

It's been a good day.

Gary.
October 01, 2014 10:57AM
Looks amazing Gary.
October 01, 2014 03:18PM
Thank you Mike. winking smiley

Glad you like it. I plan to post a story regarding the challenges of making these. There is nothing "normal" about making one! Haha. thumbs up

Gary
October 01, 2014 07:53PM
Sounds like an interesting read. Look forward.

barnespneumatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you Mike. winking smiley
>
> Glad you like it. I plan to post a story regarding
> the challenges of making these. There is nothing
> "normal" about making one! Haha. thumbs up
>
> Gary
October 01, 2014 11:33AM
Hi Gary,

This knife looks beautiful. Great work on the scales. It projects a classic look, it certainly will be a conversation piece.
October 01, 2014 03:20PM
Thank you my friend. take a bow
October 01, 2014 02:56PM
That turned out great . When you put the B with sword thru are they individually scribed in or stamped? My knife looks like etched in with a tool of some sort not stamped. Must get out my microscope and look for tooling mks . I've watched many online knifes being etched with chemicals( vinegar) and 12v DC ! I haven't tried it but it looks pretty neat the way it's done
October 01, 2014 03:37PM
Hello Kurt,

They are each individually "Engraved" - freehand.

It's a test of courage to approach a perfect, FINISHED blade, with a carbide tool, and begin to cut each line of this complex logo. Parts of the logo need to be parallel. Parts intersect and must be straight. Parts have to flow. I do each one as a final "Signature - cut into hardened tool steel". It's sort of a final affirmation, to myself and anyone else who knows, that I'm still able to use my skills. thumbs up

Thanks Kurt,
Gary
Sal
October 01, 2014 11:15PM
I spent several long minutes staring at the one on my knife. A picture of Gary wearing a head mounted microscope with spot lights came to mind. It looks impossible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2014 11:41PM by Sal.
October 01, 2014 11:37PM
Hey Sal , you think that logo is cool you should see the dragon Gary put on the folder I got ! It has amazing detail that I always show off . Probably about 5/8" long from head to tail . I wish I could get a good photo of it . Mite have to get my son involved for that .
Sal
October 01, 2014 11:43PM
I would love to see it, and congratulations!
October 02, 2014 01:14AM
Thks guys. Really glad you all like this. Back a bit later. Complex day. Was great to see these comments.

Gary
October 02, 2014 06:34AM
Hi Sal,

It's actually a 41 year old couple power magnifying glass, with the flourscent tube around it - old school. That and tri-focals. winking smiley

Glad you appreciate it. Brought a good smile. Thanks.

Gary
October 01, 2014 08:11PM
It shows ! And I can appreciate the final (stamp ) of approval . It's a great logo too .
October 01, 2014 08:38PM
Another testament to your craftsmanship.
October 01, 2014 11:14PM
That rocks! Bet you don't see these popping up just anywhere. Pretty cheap too considering what it would cost to get a head gasket changed or a mass produced Chinese stove etc... I should buy it and then show it to AJ and tell him it's his new car... I'll bet he gets enough at my estate sale to buy a Mercedes!
Anonymous User
October 01, 2014 11:32PM
Beautiful blade and quite unique.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021