Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Video 2 - Tactical Folder mechanism in action

Video 2 - Tactical Folder mechanism in action
October 21, 2014 05:44AM
[youtu.be]

Showing the button actuated dual lock. (Locks open and closed). Opens with simple gravity or a wrist flick. Yet the blade is solidly locked without play. Sure - a knife might operate like this if it were all sloppy and loose. This is precise and the tunable cam anvil bar makes it a fine instrument.

One of my favorite knives of recent months.

Gary

Sorry - my first post of this had part of a 40 year old song on the radio in the background. Shut it down in about 456 countries. Tried to clean up my act here. That's my fridge running in the background. Hopefully Samsung doesn't have that sound copy protected. take a bow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2014 06:19AM by barnespneumatic.
Sal
October 21, 2014 12:29PM
That is some sweet action right there Gary! Wish I hadn't blown all my Christmas allowance already.
October 22, 2014 05:22AM
Thanks Sal,

Hey - worked on this Bracelet band today. Making a new band. Everyone has enjoyed the hammer textured pattern where I hammer right, then left, then right, left, all the way around. Makes a zig zag scale pattern - catches the light very well.

The days have been too short. Still hacking and nursing the lower back. I'm like a bus load of old .... old people ... with all their overlapping ailments! Good Grief! hahahah.

Yeah ... you definitely need a bigger coffee can to put nickels and quarters in. Me too! winking smiley

Gary
October 21, 2014 03:00PM
Gary,

Nice knife.

Didn't have you figured for a Van Morrison fan, glad you explained the music.

Lon
October 21, 2014 10:49PM
Love that knife!
October 21, 2014 11:50PM
Nice ! You musta used some marvel mystery oil on that blade to get that action soooo smooth ! Hehe I especially like the definitive click when lock position is reached . Sean was rite when he compared grain of resin to that of end grain bamboo . I remember when my MD 97 was that smooth . Probably ready for 6 month tune~ up !
October 22, 2014 05:13AM
Hi Kurt,

I agree with Sean and You, both. The weave pattern does look like bamboo end grain.

I love this material. It is soooooo stable. And yet - it is warm to the touch. Stability of metal - feel of polished wood.

Now - to your Model 97 ... it wants a drop or two of oil every week. Then cycle it a few times. Then paper towel out the sludge. It's going to pick up lint and dirt. The oil flushes it out. The residue lubes it. 3 in 1 oil is good. If it's very dirty, blast it with WD-40 before the drops of oil.

A small drop of oil in the oil vent hole in the back side of the lock barrel cyclinder is also in order.

smileys with beer

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021