Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Appaloosa Numbers

Appaloosa Numbers
April 01, 2009 08:28PM
Folks asked for the numbers on the Appaloosa.

I've gone thru the tune process ... and here's the way the gun has worked out. Here's a page from my shop ledger.

Appaloosa_Numbers.jpg

Note: I intentionally started the fill a bit high, so you could see the bell curve. The shots with the "checks" are what I'd consider to be the heart of the fill for the gun, with it's default custom slug ... the Barnes 25 Falcon. As you see, the gun fills to a modest 2,500 - 2,600 psi ... and after the shots I took, I still had 1,400 psi. Very economical on air. Also note: you could add in shot #3 and shot #14, and still have an extremely fine plateau of shots.

The gun will also shoot the Hornady 25 cal. buckshot, the Barnes Bishop slugs, and a host of commercial pellets. Our new owner will be able to report how they all do for him.

Have a great time with it Scott. And, please include us in the fun here on Rendezvous.

Gary take a bow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 08:32PM by barnespneumatic.
April 01, 2009 09:40PM
Gary is there a spot where the slugs are listed/"cataloged"?

Ive probably seen them over the years, but at the moment, can barely remember what a slug is....confused smiley

awesome numbers. shot count looks good to. I could live with that, you know, in case the customer doesnt want to..... hehe
April 01, 2009 09:49PM
Hi Dan,

No ... they're not all public domain.

Jerry's looted my mold trays to such a degree, that I barely know what a slug is either! hahah. grinning smiley But ... they do a great job of providing those four or five of my customers who actually shoot the rifles. Ooooops ... did I say that out loud? Anyway ... he gets the molds out for air and a walk, now and again.

Gary
April 02, 2009 02:51PM
Dan,

Here is a picture of all the proprietary slugs Gary offers.
JokeAsst.jpg
April 02, 2009 03:08PM
Bigbore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan,
>
> Here is a picture of all the proprietary slugs
> Gary offers.
>

Gee thanx! Looks like your beaming me a sample set over
April 01, 2009 10:17PM
-- ---
I_________I I
I
I
_________ I I
_I I_ I

OK, don't tell anyone but I've started to freelance! What do you think of the new slug design? rolling happy smiley
April 01, 2009 10:21PM
Hmmmm... it looked better before I hit enter....

Great numbers Gary. That's going to be a great shooting gun that can get a lot of use where a big bore might be too loud or too much. I could shoot a gun like that everyday. Oh wait, I shoot the Maverick or one of your other guns everyday already.
April 02, 2009 10:42AM
That's what I'm thinking Jerry, and why I also have a shrouded .25 Appaloosa headed my way. smiling bouncing smiley

-- Jim
April 02, 2009 12:06AM
Excellent numbers, Gary! electrified

I'm lookig forward to seeing a couple of 3 shot clover leafs before this weekend is over. cooler
Then, I'll have to find time to play hooky from work.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 02, 2009 07:20AM
Nice bell curve for sureexcited Scott, great things are now expected of youwinking smiley

Neil
April 12, 2009 08:38AM
gonna get a lot of mileage out of a scuba tank with 2500 psi fills.
April 12, 2009 03:29PM
Yeah ... I always thought that was a nice factor for users. Especially if they have guns that demand higher fills, when they used to be forced to take the tanks back for filling, they are good for a long time yet, with a medium psi fill gun.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021