Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: All "Jacked" Up!! FOR SALE

All "Jacked" Up!! Jack Knife now SOLD
November 03, 2014 10:38PM
image.jpg

The Jack Knife has been totally upgraded to what would have been my original instinct. Whenever I force myself to make something more plain, or to a lesser set of expectations, it always just lays there. Then, I tear it apart and make what I wanted to do anyway. Over 40 years in, and I'm still trying to occasionally satisfy those calls for, something simple". Hahaaaahh. I should learn.

This blade now runs on side custom bush washers. To match that thickness and strengthen the spine, I made a complete new back spring. This has been totally file worked, heat treated, textured, and polished.

image.jpg

The side stag panels were over carved. Deeper, cleaner, more detail. Had the initial work not been well designed, this would not have been possible. You can't "polish a turd". But we had good lines, just of a more casual cut. The details were not as fine. I could overcut and deepen. I could clean edges and refine scrolls. No - that was "not" what I should have done at first. I was making a more "buck skinner tool" the first time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I refined and finished the inside. I file cut an ornate pattern into the "kick" area of the blade. That's where it hits the spring bottom inside, to stop the edge from hitting the spring. Note the file worked back spring between the rope cut liners.

image.jpg

The entire blade was reground, hand honed, and highly polished. It was already a superior blade. I finished the cosmetic presentation.

The action now works like butter. A fine handmade Jack Knife to use and pass along.

image.jpg

I now value this fine knife at $750. It's For Sale. Please state your desire here, or on my PM.
Thanks very much!

Gary (now SOLD)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 12:11AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpg
Re: All "Jacked" Up!!
November 03, 2014 11:15PM
It doesn't even look like the same knife.Wow and it even looks like sparks flying out of that blade in that 5th picture. That's a beauty and well worth a few extra duckets .
November 04, 2014 07:00PM
Wow indeed, talk about "she cleans up nice"! Better get out the sunglasses.cool smiley

It's like you took the pretty farm girl who was out digging potatoes, ran her through the spa, and put a fancy party dress on her. Still the same girl, but she sure looks different on the outside when she's all cleaned up. surprised
November 04, 2014 08:11PM
Are you starting the "Ginger or Mary Anne" debate again? nowthatIthink. Hehehe.
November 05, 2014 09:10PM
Oh, she's fancy now! Very nice.
November 06, 2014 03:00AM
I was always sort of a "Ginger AND Mary Anne" kind of guy, never wanted to make a choice there. winking smiley Of course, in real life this sort of thing has a bad habit of blowing up in your face, not to mention it's probably pretty hard to pull off on a deserted island.Bang!
November 09, 2014 12:09AM
This Jack Knife is now SOLD.

Thank you very much! bowing -- Far East

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021