Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sheath work ...

Sheath work ...
November 09, 2014 04:14AM
image.jpg

A wet molded belt sheath for the Tactical Folder's carry.

There are sooooo many steps in these. They turn out great. But it's impossible to make the numbers work out. Closest I can get is that "way more then seems correct, is way less then needed." winking smiley So; you don't see many of these around. If you have one, I really, really like you. Haha.

Next is sewing the final seam. Grinding the edge where the welt was inserted.

I make these so that interior metal parts are recessed and covered in a layer of epoxy. The whole contraption was soaked in hot water til near rubber, and molded over a form. Tooled while wet as well. Then dried for days.

Parts are glued and stitched. Stitching is recessed, hand sewn with a two needle lock stitch. Entire sheath is dyed, edges ground and burnished, then finished and buffed.

No wonder they take forever!!! Hahaaaahh. This one has a couple hours left.

Gary
November 09, 2014 12:25PM
It is a beautiful compliment to a great knife . It looks very soft and inviting .
November 09, 2014 02:40PM
Here's a well used version!
Edited_ImageEasyImageEditor_20141109_2.jpg
November 09, 2014 03:31PM
I believe I could hear the Angel's Chorus .... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Or is that a lens flare ..... take a bow

Great to see it in use. YOU must be special, indeed. thumbs up

Gary
November 09, 2014 02:58PM
Well come on Jerry you gotta let me see the knife too. Looks like you took pretty good care of it . It's probably just getting brokin in .
November 09, 2014 04:23PM
Working off my phone, I hope I haven't shrunk these too far..
Edited_ImageEasyImageEditor_20141109_5.jpg
Edited_ImageEasyImageEditor_20141109_6.jpg
November 09, 2014 05:49PM
Nice Jerry thanks
The scales look like alota work and 4 rivets should keep them in place a good long time. They maroon color match the sheath too . Thanks for sharing those .
November 09, 2014 07:35PM
Honestly. It does my heart good to see my stuff being used, and enjoyed. That "never fired" stuff is just a darned shame. The handmade sailboat that never got wet. After a craftsman gave up months of his life making sure everything was correct.

Thanks for sharing Jerry.
November 09, 2014 08:55PM
Nice, not something you'd want the TSA goons confiscate, that's for sure.

The whole "can't take any pocketknife on the plane, no matter how small" thing totally chaps my...brass. angry smiley Especially seeing as they came SO close to letting common sense prevail even after the initial grotesque overreaction, and then let a bunch of ninny flight attendants talk them out of it. Outrageous!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021