Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tri-Metal Case ... For Sale

Tri-Metal Case ... For Sale
November 30, 2014 04:55AM
image.jpg

The back shell of the case is shown here as well. It's Hammered Oxidized Nickel Silver.

I tagged this onto the earlier thread, but figured it may get lost.

Those who have watched me work, for years - know how this is going to turn out. This one is quite special. I'll commit to completing it for you for $475.

After its finished, it could climb. This has a Jules Verne look and feel. This work takes serious time, tooling, and experience. The prices I'm asking hardly fit. 41 years in. My work is all over the world. You might have just found me. You might just be reading of me during this hideous chapter when the US Housing market tanked, and we had a house to carry for over two years. However; history didn't just begin a couple of years ago. When you dip in and out of people's lives - you sample small stories. It's the big book that counts. All the chapters.

Once again, I want to thank the group who have purchased a pc. or two, of work during the last few months. You have allowed me to bridge the gap reaching to our Maryland property settlement. I've made every effort to see that you got exceptional value. You have opened your wallet, and heart as well. As I've verified before - neither Kelly nor I, have asked anyone for a dime. We've put in the hours and dug deep. We are nearly there, but it's steeply uphill - so we are not coasting. We will remember every one of you who have helped. And we are glad you will have heirlooms to remind you of a kind thing you did.

God Bless,
Gary and Kelly
November 30, 2014 07:13PM
Ok .... Direct approach. Does "anybody" like the texture and color of the base prepared back shell?

wow

We don't have that "like" button. Can't read yer "vibes".

BTW .... What would "you" make of the things you've seen me make over the last 18 years?

Thanks,
Gary
November 30, 2014 09:32PM
Hi Gary,

I do like both the color and the texture. Great work! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2014 09:33PM by Julio.
Sal
November 30, 2014 09:52PM
I mentioned in another post I really like the look of the combined metals. The hammered and oxidized back cover with the clean Barnes signature is an especially nice touch. Just my opinion but if I had unlimited funds I don't believe there is an item I wouldn't buy and use or gift to someone. I think jewelry is a little more difficult, only because us guys don't wear much :p.

You had mentioned some time ago about trying your hand at a cigar cutter, I think that's a good idea if it can be made for the right price and still look custom. I spent a good bit of time wondering what other things would be appealing and what I found is that when I consider the amount of time involved to make this stuff I believe it may become cost prohibitive. Ever consider some of that steel artwork you can hang on a wall, like a school of fish or various other wild life or plants. I saw some of that in Key West and it was beautiful. Looked like they stamped the fish shapes, did some heat treating and grinding for color, texture, light reflection and pained the rest then sprayed it with some kind of laquer for protection from the elements. I would of considers buying something but had no way to get it home, it was pretty big.
November 30, 2014 10:50PM
Excellent comment Sal! Thanks much for thinking about it. It touched off many thoughts. I want to start a thread with it ....

Just got home. Having a super snack ... Then the thread.

Thanks Sal -

Gary
December 01, 2014 01:24AM
I love the hammered finish, it's pretty enough to do a case just with that on the front and back, IMHO.
December 01, 2014 01:54AM
The hammered finish looks a lot like "gulf coast finish!" I'm sure it's just the lighting!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021