Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: That's the Spirit!

That's the Spirit!
December 19, 2014 05:03AM
image.jpg

Wind, rain, weakened roots. We had a pine show up as a leaning tree. I noticed it on day about 10 degrees out of plumb. And leaning toward my Trailer parking area. Noted.

Few days later - it's 20 degrees.

Yesterday - we had finally picked up a new chain for the saw. Mine was too stretched. Ok. Coming down.

Kelly suggested leaving 40" stand and I gave it the 10 minute Chainsaw makeover. We have a nice "Wood Spirit" by the side of the lane now.

chainsaw.

thumbs up

Gary
December 19, 2014 12:57PM
Holy Cow!

I bought a book on carving wood spirits in anticipaiton of decorating an unfinished knife handle. I added some carving tools and knives and now I see that my chainsaw was sitting there all along. I just need Gary to hold the knife add apply it to the whiring chain. whistling Come on Gary, it's probably not any more dangerous than half the things you already do!

Great Wood spirit! Look out they can be mischevious and jump in the way of a backing vehicle if too close to the drive.

Kent
December 19, 2014 03:53PM
If you're carving the handle with a chainsaw, that musts be one REALLY big knife! eye popping smiley
December 22, 2014 10:10PM
That ought to look great in headlights or terrible in backup lights!
December 24, 2014 12:25AM
No kidding Jerry, hopefully it's not in the "backing up zone" near the driveway. If so, it might need reflective eyes or something so you can see it at night. On the other hand, if you forget it's there and find those eyes glowing at you in the dark some night you might need a change of pants. surprised
December 24, 2014 06:14AM
Thanks Guys,

It's safe. Out of the way. Gee, just because a fella has several bent fenders and tailgate ... people act stuff in the woods grabs his truck as it slides by out of control .... eye rolling smiley

Did I tell you ... the tree cut was a pine. They bleed sap when cut. Next morning, I came by ... saw a big ole prehistoric sort of bug sitting atop. I chuckled. Took a pic and sent it to Kelly. "Bug likes his new Wood Spirit Perch". hahaha. It rained all day. Next morning, Kelly walked down to the shop with me. I notice ... "Ha! Bug is still there ..... ah ...... hummmmm". Checked. All legs glued down with sap. Poor thing. We rescued him. Placed him on the log. Later he was gone. (Probably eaten by a bird .... ummmmmmm .... whistling ... thought that counts?)

Gary
December 24, 2014 09:04PM
Well shoot Gary, that bug was just finishing up the first step towards becoming a beautiful piece of amber jewelry, and you done gone and ruint it.
Besides, didn't you watch "Jurassic Park" ? How are they going to re-create the Shopsquatch fifty centuries in the future if you keep freeing all those bugs that have got themselves trapped in tree sap?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021