Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Outrider Work Progressing

Outrider Work Progressing
January 03, 2015 12:02AM
image.jpg

Completed the top end reciever.

Boring and Internal threading.

Honed barrel. Cut to length and crowned.

Barrel tang threading now.

Most components for the jig weld assembly are ready. A few more steps before I set it up for welding.

thumbs up
Gary

Just a comment. Difficult to make it interesting without giving away the store. The pic shows the results of quite a bit of work. But, from here it's sort of non-dramatic. Be a better pic with all the ports showing (thus giving the sizes) and the thread pattern, numbers, counterbore techniques, etc. And - 95% of you aren't on the payrolls of industrial syndicates .... Well .... 85% maybe ..... whistling ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 12:55AM by barnespneumatic.
January 03, 2015 04:54PM
Gary,

Knowing first hand how long it takes to build an item it is still good to see your posts. I am sitting at the clinic waiting on a doctor. Been 6 days of fever, sore throat and thought I was getting better yesterday. I was up till 4:30 am coughing unable to sleep. I think the cough medicine had a pick me up in it. I tried over the counter sleeping pills years ago turns out that they have the opposite affect on me. Don't make me drowsy but alert.

I have been thinking of my next project. Your progress does inspire one to get active. Winter is long enough and I have put in enough tv time!

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Pedro
January 03, 2015 08:10PM
Thanks Pedro,

Believe me or not - I had a lousy harsh chest cough for over 8 weeks. My Dr. now has it. Uh oh.

Hope you clear up. Don't get discouraged. Try Tussin cough syrup with no letters after it. Many say "non drowsy" guess you don't want those. Tell ya what, a liberal layer of Vicks Vaporub on my chest with an old tee shirt at night (it stains) keeps me alive. I literally apply a thin layer with a paint stir stick and smooth in. Avoids 20 min. of trying to wash Vicks off hands. haha. Last tip - hand wash your Vicks shirts in hot soapy water or your wife will kill you. Or else, it will get on the washer agitator/drum and your wife WILL become agitated.

See - where else can you come for life saving free medical advice AND airgun discussion. take a bow

grinning smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 10:59PM by barnespneumatic.
January 04, 2015 04:46AM
Airguns & medical advice, together in one forum. Who would have thought.

Sorry to hear you are under the weather as well. I generally work through most colds. When it gets to serious sinus or lung infections then I slow down. Doctor said it wasn't strep throat but an infection and is spreading to my lungs. Prescribed some antibodies so hopefully better soon.

Tried a Vicks vapo rub equivalent from South America. It smells the same and helps. Got to log off, coughing fit again!!

Pedro
January 04, 2015 10:13PM
Carefull on the strep throat symptoms. Back in july, 2013 thought it was just strep, so did the doctors.
After 3 rounds of antibiotics my regular Doc sent me to her ENT. He goes oh-oh sends me out for a
cat scan and the next week I'm in for tonsilectomy with chemo, radiation to follow.
So if it's persistant get it ck'ed out

Joe
January 04, 2015 11:48PM
Hello Joe,

Will sure remember your situation. I sure hope it goes well for you. That's a lot to manage. Best of Everything. Please stay in touch. Friends help.

Gary
January 05, 2015 12:59AM
Joe,
Thanks for the heads up. I seem to get a tonsil infection once a year when I get the flu. I will keep an eye on it.
Hope you are doing okay with your situation. I have had cat scans & MRI for other things, I know that feeling. So far always been negative.

All the best,

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021