Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hey Jim

Hey Jim
February 10, 2015 03:49PM
Saw your new air compressor on line!

Hope it serves you well. Hey - now you can get an air wrench and swap out snow tires on your Vette! You being stuck in the North and all. whistling. When you move your Campus south, you know I have considerable expertise in moving complex operations. I'd be glad to consult! wow

I know you "weekend" down here. For the weekdays - One word .... "Warmscarves". winking smiley

All the best,
Gary
February 13, 2015 04:29PM
Yep . . . had to upgrade. The compressor is for a book scanner of all things. The Reader It has a pneumatically actuated mechanism, and apparently we drive it more "intensely" than any of the manufacturer's other customers. So we went a little overboard and replaced the 6 gallon "silent" compressor with a 27 gallon Craftsman Pro vertical beast, which ended up being 2/3 the price of the original unit. We stuck it in an adjacent room and ran 1/4" airline thru the wall, but it's pretty quiet anyway, much quieter than one of those oilless pancake compressors everyone has (me too). It's the real deal -- cast iron flywheel, 2 HP motor, etc. Built like a main battle tank -- probably last forever with basic maintenance and oil changes etc. It's the biggest one I could get w/o needing a dedicated 220V line. I installed inline oil / water traps too. It should serve our shop well.

10390328_10153033887099099_6193480148785640703_n.jpg

Enough of MD already . . . Tampa is too nice this time of year! sunny

-- Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 04:34PM by admin.
Sal
February 13, 2015 06:14PM
That's a nice looking compressor, all shiny and new. Look out your window, can you see me waving from Palm Harbor?
February 14, 2015 12:59AM
Book scanner, eh? That thing looks like it could power an encyclopedia scanner, for unabridged editions. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021