Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Videos for Lon!

Videos for Lon!
April 07, 2009 12:38AM
Well, since Lon appreciates the videos, I figured it made sense to dedicate these to him!

It was fairly late when I got home so the light wasn't great for taking videos. I thought maybe , if we illuminated the base of the slug we could get a good video of shooting the bottles Timmy had saved up for just this reason. Then, between set-up and video, I plum forgot to turn on the spot light! The videos turned out OK despite my "senior moment" so here they are:

This is a 400+gr slug from the Woodsman shot into the stack of bottles that Timmy has lined up. The first bottle is a 20oz. Sprite bottle with a empty fruit container behind it and then a couple large jugs. All are filled with water.

Here, I wasn't sure that we had penetrated all the jugs with the first slug so I aimed for the back jug and got it. Sadly, the first shot had emptied it...

For this shot, I just took what was available. The Spinner target was set up but not in the optimum orientation. It was turned such that half the target was gone because the paddle was facing 45 degrees away from me. I took the shot thinking I could still hit the target but I wouldn't post a miss! Haha! Turns out I hit it just on the bottom edge. I thought the problem would be that the target was only about 2" in effective width but I was on center just a touch low... In case you're wondering, the paddles on the spinner are inclined at 45 degrees. The dirt explodes away from the slug after it has hit the paddle and been deflected down.
April 07, 2009 05:29AM
Jerry,

Thanks, I feel like a new man after watching those; had a tough night at work.shooter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 05:30AM by Bigbore.
April 07, 2009 07:39AM
Yeah!! I seen da bullet everytime!!excited
Good work Jerrythumbs up
April 07, 2009 02:49PM
Glad you enjoyed them Lon. Thanks Neil.
April 07, 2009 04:02PM
400gr slug you say??
Looks more like a howitzer shell going in!!google eyes

Nice work as usual... thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021