Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Completed Outrider 50. First Pics

Completed Outrider 50. First Pics
March 17, 2015 05:02PM
image.jpg

First pics in Bright Sunshine. Will take more in evening light. I'm very pleased with this rifle. The Series is Really a fine design.

Thanks for Reading!

Gary L. Hope you like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2015 07:19PM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
March 17, 2015 05:19PM
Gary,

Going to put a few through it?

Lon
March 17, 2015 05:36PM
Hi Lon,

Certainly will.

Also .... I see I forgot the BARNES tag this AM. Duh. knucklehead. Ill get it after lunch.

Gary
Sal
March 17, 2015 06:28PM
Looking good Gary!! Just need a scope and something to shoot. Weather has been fantastic further south, best time of year, except for the 12 tons of oak leaves. Spent most of the weekend outside tracing a pinched sprinkler line in a jumble of 4 inch diameter roots. Can't complain too much with this weather. Finished under lights last night, lol, king size mosquitos were out and drained a pint of blood. I think I had every neighbor come by at one point or another, it was kind of comical, I welcomed the conversation and the breaks dig it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2015 06:35PM by Sal.
March 17, 2015 09:40PM
Hi Sal,

Right. We have been blessed with weather. Ours is the Fall, Winter, and the Spring.

I've been machining the next Outrider Stock. Sorry - not yours yet. But I'm moving on it all.

Warding off another chest "thing". Pedro - are you listening. Look up "Chemically Induced Pneumonia". Not say I have it, but I have before. And, I've so badly irritated my lungs several times - that it became like a bad flu. Dragging tired, hard Cough, disgusting congestion. For me - wood dust (especially walnut) is toxic. Glue fumes have gotten me bad before. Pedro - research the vapor from your 3D printer. All the Drs. are cringing .... injured. Haha.

I VERY MUCH need to put my air lines on the ceilings. I've taken a couple of nasty headers tripping over the darned air hoses on the floor. I VERY MUCH need to run the duct work for the buffer, sanders. As it is, I have the hillbilly version catching 25% of SOME machines. And I VERY MUCH need the loft catch all storage under which I will enclose the rooms for "Spraying Finish", Anodizing, and Hot Bluing. I've been forcing myself to get a few guns out first - but it's at the expense of health issues. You know, tripping and taking a header into milling wheel knobs while coughing up a lung - at 11pm. No ... I'm alright .... Just a flesh wound .... Ill get it ... minute ... ouch.

Ok .... Back to it!

Pics later
Gary
Sal
March 18, 2015 12:12AM
Not that you need my permission but I'm going to say it anyway. If my Outrider is last on the list for production, please feel free to delay working on mine in order to make some time to get your shop in order. Last thing any of us want is for you to trip over an airline and break a hip or end up with some fatal lung infection that only Dr. House can fix! I have no problem waiting.
March 18, 2015 02:31AM
Ah - didnt mean to guilt you .... Cough ... wheezeee .... is it getting ... dark in here ???

laughing

Thanks Sal. Ill do some here and there.

Much appreciated.

Gary
March 18, 2015 04:23AM
Hey Pedro,

Not trying to be your Doc, but just thinking. It's easier to believe that you keep poisoning yourself then that you keep getting another flu bug every month. I say it cause I've done it.

About the most sick I've ever been was from thinning out huge Yew Bushes around the cursed Md. homestead. They were about 110 years old and could not get any light into the interior of the bushes. I went in and cut out truckloads of stems. The bushes were about 10-12' tall. I roughly cut out every other stalk. When finished ... you could read a newspaper thru them. They looked very thin. In a couple of years, they looked very healthy, green, and new. BUT; while I had my head inside the bushes ... there was a constant trickle of like black rain. Little hard black sand like grit that was dislodged while working. Seeds? Pollen? I don't know. But - it just about killed me with the lung infection it caused.

Then, there was the glue fumes on a project once. Real nasty.

So; think if you have been exposed to something which irritated your lungs and sinus. I know that half our readers are Docs of various types, but they can't Tele-Doc. So; I guess your life is in my hands! surprised hourglass stunned You have nothing to worry about ..... grinning smiley

Gary
March 19, 2015 02:41AM
Hi Gary,

I have spoken with many people. Most have the same symptoms and many have had it more than once as well. Darn flu strain changes every few years. I finally found a chiropractor I liked in the city. She said it may be my immune system is very low. Since my hernia surgeries I have been on Nexium which lowers the acid reflux. Chiropractor said that it can make the food transfer to intestines to soon and not get all nutrients out of the food. Also having been on antibodies doesn't help either. Someone told me it can take three years to get all the good bacteria back.

Long story short she suggested Vitamin D & C to help. Along with taking a liquid of aloe vera as a reflux helper. So hopefully it all helps. Feeling better though, I worked last two days.

Thanks for your suggestions. I do know we can poison or make ourselves sick. Over using Advil or Tylenol can be bad as well.

Your rifle looks great! Nice picture setup!

Pedro
March 18, 2015 05:03PM
I saw a beautiful book on woodworking a few years ago, checked it out from the local library. Had all the particulars of all kinds of woods, how strong, how heavy, how well they bend/steam/machine, etc. The thing that really caught my eye was the chart on toxicity, which was a real eye opener. Almost all wood dust is toxic or irritating to some extent, and some far more than others. The listed side effects of some of the more exotic tropical species can be horrifying; I'll not go into details, but think "elephant man". eye popping smiley When I did a quick net search to try and remember that particular species, this is literally the first thing I found on the first website I looked at.

“Not to omit any one of them, the yew is similar to these other trees in general appearance . . . It is an ascertained fact that travellers’ vessels, made in Gaul of this wood, for the purpose of holding wine, have caused the death of those who used them.”
–Pliny the Elder, from Naturalis Historia, ca. 77 AD

Here's the website it came from. [www.wood-database.com]

Plants and trees have had about eleventeen jillion years to hone their defenses against every critter and bug that wants to eat them. They can't just run away so they fight dirty, they use chemical warfare. It's not your imagination, and it's not just you being a bit off that day, they really ARE out to get you.
March 18, 2015 10:51PM
The gun looks great but this thread is starting to scare me!
March 19, 2015 05:20PM
The Outriders are nice looking rifles all right, and I'm guessing they're going to be a hard-hitting caliber as well. How heavy are those slugs again?
March 19, 2015 06:51PM
Darned if I know Sean! But I'll look it up for you ..., there are three sizes.

Gary
March 19, 2015 09:47PM
Gary,

Jerry's right...scary! The gun is beautiful though. Hope you feel better soon.

Karl
March 19, 2015 10:22PM
Hi Karl,

Good to hear from you.

Hey, we have to pad out threads here on Rendezvous. When more post about their airguns, we can be more focused. Hahaaaahh.

Tune in tomorrow, when we discuss Stock Inletting ... And Male Pattern Baldness! laughing

Hope you are doing well. winking smiley

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 42
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021