Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Good idea here

Anonymous User
Good idea here
December 11, 2008 01:11AM
Well I finally got through the spam detector, I was beginning to think I was going to have to call in the code breaker. Been hunting every chance I get, Wiley and myself had a spike yesterday afternoon 2ft. in front of the blind. He came up beside us on my side. At first I thought Vickie had turned the dog loose, I could hear him sniffing right beside the blind where we walked in. Next thing you know he moved around to the front and it turned out to be a small spike, last years deer. Wiley like to peed in his pants. We had only one small opening unzipped, he was so close I could have stuck my arm out and touched him. It was a great hunt, Wiley decided to pass on the spike and was rewarded with a nice fat doe not long after the close encounter.
I look forward to seeing and reading about your Barnes, great idea.
December 11, 2008 01:16AM
Oh this is going to drive someone nuts! You almost had a deer join you in the blind and some folks never even see one....eye rolling smiley
December 11, 2008 03:27AM
Yeah ... well, he didn't tell you the blind was in his yard! haha. That's where all the deer are - in people's yards. winking smiley

Welcome Joe, Good to see ya here.

I think you mentioned my great idea ... might have been the hunting gun with no reservoir or bore. Don't need them where I hunt. haha.

As I've been told a hundred times ... "That's why they call it hunting". I'd like to do some "finding" in my area. winking smiley

Gary
Anonymous User
December 12, 2008 08:22PM
Put in the time and one will show himself eventually. I hunted for 5 years before I took my first buck, and he was the first deer I had ever seen while actually hunting for them. Of course when I started hunting deer the season was only 3 days long, then it increased to a week, then two and finally was around a month when I connected. It'll happen, paitience, and time in the field are the key.
December 12, 2008 09:08PM
Jim,
The posting time is set on mountain time it looks like. Is that what you intended? Dory
December 12, 2008 09:22PM
Dory,

My posts have been coming up with the correct time stamp (EST). I checked the main settings and no adjustment to time is in place. Have you checked the time associated with your profile?
December 12, 2008 09:23PM
Hi Dory:

That's where the server is located. winking smiley

You can select your own local time zone in your user profile.

-- Jim
December 12, 2008 09:42PM
Found it. thanks dory
December 14, 2008 03:28PM
Joe,

Do you hunt on your land?

Lon
Anonymous User
December 23, 2008 07:28PM
Hi lon, Sorry for the delayed response, yes I do on my land, I also hunt on a family farm up in Va.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021