Gary
Sal
Re: Scout Firing! Video Link ....
May 13, 2015 02:34AM
Nice shooting Tex!
May 13, 2015 04:36AM
Thanks Sal,

The evening didn't work out to process all the pics. I have about ten pics of the gun, sights, loading, shooting.

The Scout turned out very well.

Thanks for commenting.

Gary
May 13, 2015 05:16AM
Enjoy. Thanks.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
May 13, 2015 11:19PM
HI Gary,

Very Nice! Rifle looks great and works well from what you have shown. A nice example of your skill adding a lot of character. Has an antique look to it with some slight modern touches, aluminum.

Have a good,

Pedro
May 17, 2015 11:32AM
Hey . . . that looks familiar. wink

Nice sights *and* dovetail . . . smart man. I'm guessing one of your Team Simmons turkey scopes is perfect for that one.

thumbs up

-- Jim
May 13, 2015 11:24AM
Hi Gary,

Nice looking Scout. How did it felt on its first shot? Great looking sights.
May 13, 2015 02:41PM
Hello Julio,

Come on over and you can shoot it. winking smiley

It has a sweet trigger. Shoots great!

Gary
May 15, 2015 11:06PM
Wouldn't it be nice, just to go there for a weekend in order to shoot this one, say 500 times, and get some important data.
May 13, 2015 11:37AM
Gary,

Nice shooting. She's a beautiful! wow
I wonder how many people noticed in the video that that rifle cocks "backwards". nowthatIthink

Scott
May 13, 2015 02:51PM
That's true Scott,

The reservoir is at tha back, the hammer tube is under the barrel. The shooter can drop in spacers (the knurled cap at the front of the forestock threads off) so .... Spacers tighten the hammer spring's pre-load and thus you can tune how hard the hammer hits.

Wind it up, and it uses more air. But - its air. Ha. It will get in the 3-7 shot range I guess. (We're not sure - nobody has ever shot one that many times .... Haha ..... whistling

laughing

Thanks Scott!
Gary
May 19, 2015 04:46AM
Gary - the Scout rifle looks and performs GREAT ! I watched the link you posted on YouTube. I am very excited to receive it. I sent a shipping crate to you today from Cabelas and they said it should arrive in 3 to 6 days. The overall length of the Scout looks short and handy. I echo many of the comments already made from other posters, and the sights are true genius. I may have a few questions about the spacers you described as a way to vary hammer pressure to increase or decrease power. Thanks again. Ed
May 20, 2015 05:30AM
Hello Ed,

I'm very glad! Thanks.

Posting some new pics right now.

I'm proofing the slugs I designed and cast for your .308". I have one excellent winner and two more to try yet. That is of the ones already cut on a mold and cast. The "Cherry" cutters allow for Several more possible slugs that I have not yet prototyped. You don't have to wait for me to proof those. "IF" you want molds, etc., I should have good choices. You will also have commercial molds available since its a standard size.

Posting pics ....

Thanks for your comments. "Also" - the gun seems to hit really hard. Have not chrono'd it yet, but it's nasty.

Best,
Gary
Anonymous User
May 21, 2015 12:27AM
Nice and compact design with power.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021