Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: way ahead of the game

interesting article on aperture sights
April 12, 2009 09:02AM
Whils't stumbling about an unsuccessful google search on glasses-mounted adjustable apertures for target shooting (I just KNOW I've seen them somewhere) I found this article on aperture or "peep" sights.

[doug.kerr.home.att.net]

It clarifies an effect that I've noticed before but could never really articulate.
Re: interesting article on aperture sights
April 12, 2009 03:36PM
I'll read the article in a bit ... but had a thought. I've shot archery since I was a boy. A few years ago, I got a nice compound set-up by Bow-Tech. I shoot that with what's called a "scope" .... which is no more than a single lens. About 1 1/4" diameter I guess. It's mounted in a simple hoop. However; I've always thought that could so easily be mounted via a single scope ring type mount. The one on my bow is 4X. Long eye relief, as it's on the riser of the bow, and you look thru an aperture back on the string. Thus; I suspect the normal aperture sight on a gun, might be made compatible with a clamp on lens down the barrel. Just a FYI comment. Not something that's gonna replace rifle scopes real soon. haha.

Gary
April 12, 2009 04:39PM
Hey, that sounds like a way to save money compared to those fancy Simmons!
April 13, 2009 03:52AM
Yeah, sure don't want to waste any money on luxuries like a hundred dollar scope with those multi-thousand dollar airguns.eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 03:53AM by rotorhead.
April 13, 2009 02:23PM
Yuck, yuck.

Hey ... that's right. There's my pension plan to consider.

whistling
way ahead of the game
April 14, 2009 04:49AM
Hmmm, and here I thought you were on the same pension plan that I am, the "work till you croak" program. When you think about it the right way it turns out that I'm way ahead of the curve for a change. With the meltdown of the stock market and the mutual funds, a LOT more folks have joined me on the "WTYC" retirement plan.sad smiley
Re: way ahead of the game
April 14, 2009 02:46PM
Hi Sean,

Yeah ... I'm on the "Frog" plan too. You bet.

But ... as I slow down (later of course), I hope you'll all send canned goods and cans of sterno.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021