Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I saw This ....

I saw This ....
October 05, 2015 11:30PM
image.jpeg

I've had a full schedule. Working hard. Today, with some help; I did some maintenance outside. Also worked in the shop. By 5:30, I was beat. Shaky beat. I took the weight off on a cot in a room of the Studio. Within five minutes, I was "seeing" the details of this knife. As if moving a cursor over the drawing. So; I got up and drew it out, at the workbench.

Gary
October 06, 2015 12:50AM
Now that's pretty darn cool!!!
October 06, 2015 01:28AM
Thanks Jeff,

Front Bolster is the rear haunches folded, ready to spring ... if it's not obvious.

thumbs up
October 06, 2015 01:18PM
Gary
Them is pointy teeth for a horse . Hehe It sure looks like alota work . Some of your other old knifes I've seen on the interweb look similar but NOT a folder .
It's cool to see the brain of a master workin .

Thanks
Kurt
October 06, 2015 01:53PM
Hi Kurt,

Thank You.

Yeah ... that was phase one. I see that I need to add the front shoulder and arm of the dragon. Phase two is the refinement of the theme. I brought ya'll in on the "moment". From the time I decided I just simply had to lay down, through watching the design form, to getting back up, drawing it, photographing, and posting ... Less then an hour had passed. I was sort of fascinated by that. I have a front row seat when it happens. Not sure if I have presented the process fully. Neat to watch. Part of me is a spectator to the process.

Gary
Sal
October 06, 2015 04:31PM
That's a super start! I'm sure if it ever made it to final product it would turn out fantastic. I have moments like that, but not artistic, more like a problem I've been mulling over for a good long while and then whammo! the solution kind of just shows up. Makes me wonder if there are some mini me stuffed away in our heads working on stuff while we sleep or daydream, or some other mindless task of your choice. LOL
October 06, 2015 10:07PM
Amazing imagination!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021