Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: WIFI ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!!!

WIFI ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!!!
October 21, 2015 07:12PM
Listening to "I Heart Radio" online,

I have WIFI all over the Studio, Patio .... haven't checked the range. Sitting at the kitchen counter now,

And - mostly .... just so glad to have the extra SECURITY of being able to get TEXT and PNONE thru WIFI. God Forbid I get hurt ... I want to be able to call Kelly and help.

It's been a stressful mess for three years. Finally have that sorted.

Back to work!!!!! Thank God!!!!

Gary
October 21, 2015 07:29PM
AMEN!
October 21, 2015 07:33PM
Now you won't git NUTHIN done ! Fiddling with wifi , textin , googling and such .

Thanks
Kurt
October 21, 2015 08:03PM
Hey ... What's this button .... Says something about annoyed crows ... Angry Birds or something like that .... huh .....
Sal
October 22, 2015 12:19AM
I really laughed out loud when I read this!
October 22, 2015 05:50AM
October 22, 2015 06:34AM
Well, I was ok for about six hours. Then ... time to find another program. That's when the rot set in.

I have this nice little Android Tablet. Kelly gave it to me so I've tried, with more fervor, to like it. But it's been difficult. Today, I restarted it a few times. EACH time it found a whole list of UPDATES it just had to have. Then it Bitc....alerted me that there was no room to Update. Well - there's NOTHING on it BUT updates. It suggested I may wish to throw out some old updates to make room for more updates. Or perhaps some of my useless fluff (personal materials) which still only numbered in KB files of barely any size. Well, I'd go to streaming websites. Of course they want you to sign in, register, make them your home page, watch a video, take a survey - ANYTHING BUT listen to a streaming program.

They'd tell me the browser on my 10 mo. old machine was NO LONGER SUPPORTED!!! I'd try to update. No room. I'd try to load a smaller browser - new. Then I eventually had three browsers and nothing worked. UNINSTALL. Then I'd trigger a program to play. It would give my a list of programs to do it with, and ... just once or always? I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!! Why don't YOU PICK ONE that will work???? But no. I'd pick. It would give me the Self-Righteous .... This file is NOT supported by THAT player. Ok ... Let's try another. This one? Nope. THIS one? Huh uh. THIS ONE???!! nyet!

By the time for dinner, I was a mere husk of a man. Even sadder. Beaten down. Slobbering. It was pathetic. My Dell boots in code. Not a good sign. My Apple can't be upgraded far enough to meet the standards required. I can get to 10.8.5 when I need 10.6. Cute. My Android Tablet is trying to kill me. Kelly offered her Windows machine ... But to what end. She needs it. I texted my geek friend. No answer. He's no sucker.

And then, with a mouth full of a asparagus ... It hit me!!!! My iPhone 4!!!!!!! It's a computer. We fired one up during the final minutes of dinner. I traipsed back to the shop with armfuls of chargers, and computers. In four minutes, I turn on my stereo. Plug in the power charger on the i4. Output to input. Set password for new network (replaced home modem after i4-i6 change. Go online. Find a streaming site. Pick one. Hit the indicator. I'm expecting flags all over the field. Instead - I hear the program.

And so; I've continued to go on. After dinner I stayed in the shop until almost 1am.

It's such a very good thing I'm not able to truely affect the paths of those who DO THIS TO US!!! Please. Let something alone. Really. Five updates on a tablet you updated hours before. Give it a rest! Thank You.

Humbly,
Gary
October 23, 2015 04:11AM
Worked on Sal's Shrouded 25 Outrider all day. Not ready for pics. Sorry.

Doing my best on juggling time for everything. Keeping all the plates spinning. You should see the place. Looks like a bus load of three year olds pulled all the pots and pans out of the cupboards.

We'll get it back together. Gonna be a very nice Carbine. Be fun to test.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2015 12:47AM by barnespneumatic.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
October 23, 2015 04:15AM
Above: Our Director of Operations, BPS ... Hard at "Systems Testing", daylight shift.

Gary
October 24, 2015 12:23AM
Haven't you heard, the robots are taking over the world with the intention to enslave humanity. The humans have already lost the first battle, whether we know it or not. In the future it will be spoken of in the same vein as Gettysburg or Pork Chop hill, and will be known as "the battle of automatic update". Millions of casualties so far, and it's only just begun...
October 21, 2015 09:09PM
Finally, good for you. Everything is sorting out, sometimes later than expected but the appreciation is much higher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 09:10PM by Julio.
October 21, 2015 09:28PM
Hey .... Did you guys know that Pac Man got Married? Huh......

Gary
October 22, 2015 12:40AM
Glad you have that sorted out! It is nice to be able to have internet access, especially at home! Funny how we have become so addicted to the net. Soon as our internet goes down I get a text from wife, "something wrong with the internet, what do I do?"

Hope things are well. Seems you are keeping very busy smiling smiley

Pedro
October 22, 2015 05:59AM
Should have been "Angry Squirrels". I've never seen one that didn't look pissed at something. winking smiley
October 24, 2015 09:58AM
Ya know, I just stay outta these tech discussions. Never did learn to swim!
Gurgle, gurgle...
Good luck with it ALL!
October 24, 2015 03:09PM
Help!

Hey .... We have an Emoji for that!!!!

Can be our official Tech Symbol!!!

thumbs up

Gary
October 24, 2015 07:32PM
I like it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021