Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cherry, eh?

Well, as you can see ...
April 16, 2009 01:19PM
I can't post something new and exciting every day. I'm out in the middle of a bunch of parts. Metal shavings up to my knees. I don't want to do a tutorial on exactly how each of my parts are designed and machined. That's why, once again ... we ask you to consider posting some of your trips afield. Jerry's camera is in traction (pulled a lens from over-use).

I'll bet you have a digital camera on a shelf somewhere, with three thousand pictures on it, back thru at least Christmas 04. Get it out and snap a picture of your rifle. Blow something up. Nothing like a spraying coke can to get the blood coursing thru your veins. excited

Gary
Re: Well, as you can see ...
April 16, 2009 02:16PM
I've got a post cookin' . . . a little Barnes archaeology project. scared

-- Jim
April 16, 2009 02:27PM
Oh .. this should be good. google eyes

coffee
April 16, 2009 02:46PM
You mean ... something like this?

Old Advertizement.jpg

"NOT" currerntly valid. whistling This was in the Jan. 98 issue of US AIRGUN

Gary
April 16, 2009 02:55PM
WOW. No, not what I have in mind, but that's ultra-cool nonetheless. cooler

Relief carving $250?!?!? I'll take two please. laughing again

-- Jim
April 16, 2009 04:43PM
I'll put you down for two ... at market price. cooler

Thanks.

Gary coffee
April 16, 2009 03:18PM
Query, Has anyone seen such an animal? I would think one would have shown up somewhere?

Shoots buckshot eh? Something old is new again. And here I thought that was a new idea you had for the Victory and Chaparral pieces, silly me!

Nice blast from the past.

Kent
April 16, 2009 04:42PM
Hello Kent,

Sealed away behind blast doors. To be discovered after mankind has run it's course. laughing again

Yes - the inspiration for the re-birth of the buckshot guns, was the "vast" improvement Hornady made in producing spherical ball. The previous generation had been "more or less" spherical. All of the sudden, I restocked, and the things were nearly perfect!!! I bought other calibers ... the same. I re-ordered ... the same!!!

I contacted them ... went thru the company employees ... got right to the heart of the matter. The final result - right from the mouth of THE engineer, deep within the factory complex ........ ........ "Gee ... we haven't done anything". So ... there you have it! They'd improved their product, by orders of magnitude ... and were not even aware of it. I suspect they replaced equipment, etc. And, the improvement came with the change. Good for us!!

At any rate: "Long live Buchshot!" take a bow

Gary
April 16, 2009 11:01PM
unless your a buck ,,,,, then buckshot really isnt that clever ,,,, lol .
cherry, eh?
April 18, 2009 06:40AM
I'm glad to see that lightweight, handy carbines haven't gone out of style over the years. I noticed the cherry stock in the advert, how do you like it compared to walnut and mahogany for stock work?
Re: cherry, eh?
April 18, 2009 12:12PM
Hi Rotor,

Cherry is a fine wood. It's harder than walnut. Takes on nice color. Very strong. Good stuff. Not a normal stock wood. Of course - neither is Mahogany.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021