Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Everyone list your airguns arsenal and introduce yourself.

Everyone list your airguns arsenal and introduce yourself.
April 17, 2009 02:04AM
Including those of you have been lurking here he.. he. Come on, let's jump in, join us and have some fun! The purpose of this is also to see how many members we have and to get to know one another. I believe this is one of the best forum to learn useful informations about airguns, why? Because where else is a better place to learn than from a Master airgun builder himself.

I'm Peter, 41 years old, from Las vegas, and I've been an airgun addict for 30 years. I remember the first time I had a Crossman 760 pump master when I was 11 years old I was hooked! I shot it almost everyday, I ate, slept, and go to school thinking about it he..he.. That gun had helped me to be a good shot. I had shot hundred of birds with it. Then I moved up to the Crossman 2200 Magnum, and Wow, I thought to myself that gun had twice the power of the 760, and the pellet was twice as big. I shot a lot more birds and rabbits with that gun. I still have a very fond memories of those guns.

I could not believed that one day I would be holding in my hand a 500 fpe airgun and a 300 fpe airpistol that is cappable of taking biggames, talking about fantasy comes true....

Here is my arsenal now:
Bontrager .50 BSM (500 fpe)
Bontager 20 guage air shotgun (600 fpe with slugs)
Career .50 Dragon (240 fpe)
Career 9mm Fire 201
Career 707 .22 carbin
Career 707 Ultra 9mm
AirArms 410 ERB .22
Kodiac Beeman .22
MA 2550 pcp Airpistol .25 (30 fpe)
MA 2540 co2 .25 pistol
Ma 2260 pcp .22 rifle
Benjamin .22 Steroid Streak
Benjamin .22 HB airpistol
Bontrager .50 airpistol (300 fpe)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 04:50AM by peter-n.
April 17, 2009 08:27AM
Wow!! Thats a lot of pellet pushers!!thumbs up
Nice line up there Peter.
I can honestly say that I have never owned more than 2 air rifles at anyone time!! Just sold my HW80k .22 and now just have the Storm. I find I can't concentrate on one if I have too many, sort of like a kid in a candy store!!
Oh yes, my name is Paul and I live in a small village in Lincolnshire and have been shooting since I was about 9 years old.
April 17, 2009 04:17PM
Paul,

Thanks! The Storm is a very nice gun. I'd watched your video, i'd really enjoyed it, keep them coming.
April 17, 2009 07:24PM
Hi Everyone,

My name is ALi, I live in cyprus woodsman. I have two airguns.

1) Daystate X2 .177 Cal

2) Evanix AR4 Thumbhole stock .177 Cal

They are toys for you, because we have laws to not access bigger slugs airguns.

Ali.
April 18, 2009 01:45AM
Hi Ali,

The Daystate X2 is a very nice gun! I want to get one someday. It's too bad that your country does't allow you to have a bigbore airgun. You from Greece right? Do they allow firearms hunting? And what kind of animals can you hunt over there?
April 17, 2009 08:46PM
Paul,

I never have more than one either. People keep buying the things out from under me. How am I supposed to post videos? wink Perhaps one with my dart gun!! idea

Yes Yes!!

However; I'm working. No time now. I must think of something magnificant ... grinning smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 08:49PM by barnespneumatic.
April 17, 2009 02:19PM
Hello from Texas everyone. I have two of Gary's guns. The Appaloosa 32 caliber and the Nebula 2 in 25 caliber. Both rifles are pictured on Gary's web site. They are a lot of fun to shoot. Those are the only guns I own.
April 17, 2009 03:57PM
Hi Ken.

[www.glbarnes.com]

[www.glbarnes.com]

Those are links to your guns there. thumbs up

Gary
April 17, 2009 04:08PM
Kenneth,

Welcome to our forum! The Appaloosa and the Nebula are beautiful guns! I wish I had them he..he.. A very nice collection!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 04:20PM by peter-n.
April 17, 2009 02:20PM
Hi all,
I'm Jerry and I live in Leonardtown Maryland. T started shooting airguns when I was 11 or 12. I got a Crossman 761XL for Christmas and it was great! The 761XL was the fancy version of the 760 at the time. It had a bright brass reciever, real wood stock and a rifled barrel. It was remarkably accurate with BBs and I wish I still had it...

I've got fancier guns now of course. smiling smiley

Barnes Prairie III .32
Barnes Woodsman .62/.32
Barnes Maverick Magnum .25
Career Dragonslayer .50
Airforce Condor .308
Sumatra 2500 carbine .25
FX Monsoon .22
RWS 54 .22
Gamo Hurricane .177
Some other springers and pumps
S&W 686 replica
Drozd machine pistol
April 17, 2009 04:29PM
Jerry,

Very impressive collection! I especially love the Maverick, I think it looks awesome. And the Woodsman is very impressive, lile you, I really like air shotguns also, a lot of fun. I love your videos! Keep them coming!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 04:37PM by peter-n.
April 17, 2009 02:25PM
I never realised you had a Condor Jerry! Let alone one in .308eye popping smiley

What sort of FPS and FPE you getting with that??What valve you using??
April 17, 2009 03:14PM
Paul,
I'm sorry but I don't have the exact numbers anymore for the Condor, I know it was putting out about 200 FPE way back when I got it. It was built up by a fellow on the net that has done a lot of Condor mods. He made his own "valve" for it which promtly fell apart the first time I filled the gun. After taking it apart and reassembling the thing I can say that the engineering is crude at best. I hardly ever shoot the gun because it is so loud and just not a pleasure to shoot compared to my other guns. It is pretty accurate though and certainly has the power to reach out. All-in-all though, I wish I hadn't spent the money on it. A gun with a better valve might have made the experience better...
April 17, 2009 04:04PM
Hi Everybody,

I'm Gary ... on the forum here as barnespneumatic.

154 years old. Married to Kelly. We have five kids between us ... with 11 grandkids now. Including triplet granddaughters and twin grandsons!

Guns: An unfinished ball reservoir 34 caliber Barnes.
A copper tube ultra low pressure 75 caliber dart gun what'sit.
A Crossman 1377 pistol that needs repair
A Crossman 22. My grandfather's from when he was a kid. Needs repair.

WHAT do I do with my time??? more confused

Gary
April 17, 2009 04:48PM
I'm Jim in Towson, MD. Been shooting airguns since I was a kid. Married with no kids and one pug dog. Like Jerry and Peter, my first airgun was a Crosman 760-class BB gun.

Let's see:

Old RWS 5G . . . tryin' to figure out how to scope it
Old FWB 65 MKII with wooden match grips (a gift to my Dad but he lets me keep it on semi-permanent loan)
Old Crosman 130 .22 pistol (my Dad's when he was a kid)
Gamo Varmint Hunter with broken mainspring
Barnes Delta 45 Custom
Barnes Scout 45 with slide breech
Barnes Alpine 45 ornate muzzleloading cannon

In the works . . .

Shoruded .25 high gloss blue / walnut Barnes Appaloosa for plinkin' 'round the house
TBD Large-caliber Barnes bench rifle
???

Oh yeah, a couple paintball guns and a Barnes knife. smoking smiley

-- Jim

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 05:02PM by Jim.
April 17, 2009 07:00PM
Jim,

You have a great Barnes collection there. Wish I could tried some of those guns out he..he..
April 19, 2009 04:58PM
Jim,

The Alpine .45 looks AMAZING!! The style and the carvings on the metal and wood looks incredible!! I bet you got a lot of nice compliments when you showed it to someone. All your Barnes guns are impressive looking.
April 19, 2009 06:30PM
The Alpine looks much better in person than in the pics, as is true with all of Gary's work. I see something new each time I look at it. It is an absolute beast too, and deadly accurate. I'm glad I can provide a good home where it gets USED instead of living in a glass case! shooter with bench rifle

-- Jim
April 17, 2009 04:58PM
Gary,

You have some very unique guns for collection, and ofcourse, you could build yourself any guns you want he..he.. And Gary, next time if you ever open your list again, would you let me know, this time I'm going to jump in with both feet he..he... I really would love to own some of your guns.
April 17, 2009 06:14PM
Build myself a gun!!! Brilliant!!!! idea laughing again

Thanks for your stated appreciation of my work Peter. take a bow

Gary
Hi everyone,
My name is Joe, I live in Eden, NC and presently am the proud owner of one airgun, a RWS 34 Panther, although I am patiently waiting for my Barnes to arrive. Maybe it will make the next list??
April 17, 2009 09:36PM
Hi Joe,

Can I ask what did you order? It must have been hard waitting for your dream gun he..he.
Hi Peter, yes it has been very difficult, sort of a cross between the night before Christmas, and the last day of summer when you were a kid. I ordered a Chameleon, in .25 caliber with an extended reservior tube, barrel and forearm stock. Power adjust was included on the base model, it's an intregal design with many different formats and caliber options all just a barrel swap away.
April 18, 2009 02:03AM
Joe,

The Chameleon is a very beautiful gun. I know how you feel. I had to wait a year for my bigbores, and it was tough he..he.. But once you get it, you appreciate it more, and would never want to part with it. These custom guns are amazing!
April 17, 2009 10:41PM
Brilliant idea for the multi aperture peep sight Gary take a bow

Must have been difficult to calculate where to position the apertures??
April 17, 2009 11:28PM
Thanks Paul,

They are drilled on a spiral incline. The post is mounted on a threaded mount. As you rotate the post, only one hole is clear at a time. There's no chance to use the wrong peep, once you've set it for the yardage desired. take a bow

Gary
April 17, 2009 11:50PM
Gary,
I meant it must have been difficult to calculate where to drill each hole for which yardage.
April 18, 2009 02:03AM
Paul,

I have a box of drill bits labeled, 20 yd., 25 yd, 30 yd ... you get the idea. grinning smiley

Sorry ... couldn't help myself. eye rolling smiley

Actually, I cross drilled as close as possible. Gives a rather infinite adjustability. You figure it out at the range. Works well. Some I made with ball detents. All far more trouble than it's worth. Anyone buying these, wears (or needs) glasses. Usually ... anyone who specified peep sights wants to know, a year later, how to put a scope on it! smiling smiley

Gary
April 18, 2009 11:35AM
Nonsense . . . I would never think of scoping one of your iron sighted rifles, or do something crazy like convert a muzzleloader to a breech loader . . . whistling

-- Jim
April 18, 2009 03:37AM
Hello everybody.
Lets see here a variety of pellet guns.

Beeman Dual magnum .22
Beeman goldfinger R-9 .177
career 707 ultra 9mm
sam yang 909 .45 cal
Gip Drulov C02 9mm carbine
benjaman 392 .177 cal
walther c02 underlever .177
daisy red rider .177
On order Yukon I GS .58 cal
On the ledger for a Justice .87 cal

Iam Eric from Connecticut caught the airgun bug when I recieved my first airgun at 9 a crossman 760. I work in the biulding business which is beyond slow at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 08:25PM by Eric.
April 18, 2009 04:04AM
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum!! You have quiet a collection there! You also have ordered my dreamed gun, the .58 Yukon GS. I really like that gun! Thanks for joining us and posting.
April 18, 2009 06:02AM
Hi Peter-n

My country was devide two site one of greek site an other is Turkish site. I am live in Turkish site. We have small animals to hunting. For example, rappit, grouse, goose, all birds, fox and a little goat. We have shotgun to hunting them but the bigbore airguns are forbbiten here. but I will find one way to get bigbore airgun in my country. I like to break laws more innocent

Ali,
April 18, 2009 07:34AM
Ali,

You are a brave man! he..he. I wish you luck with getting a bigbore.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 02:42PM by peter-n.
April 18, 2009 02:45PM
Peter-n

YES I am brave man, I am doing a plan to buy bigbore airgun which name is BARNES. I try to find a barnes airgun and then I will pull airgun to pieces and I will carry it part by part in my country. For example First, I will carry barrel and I will fly from USA to Cyprus. Then I will go back to USA and take stocks and again came back...... It will be very hard and very expensive for me. I think, I will pay a lot of money for airway tickets. Because I think each ticket is about 2000 USD. Also I think, I will pay money more then airgun price. When I will complete all parts in my country I will set up it in my home more innocent.
An other problem will be slugs. I can not buy them from the shops. I solve this problem that, I try to find the slugs's mold and I will pour slugs into a mold. I have lead here. I can make slugs here easyly.
Do you like my solutions and ideas?
I am an angel. more innocent.

Thanks
Ali
April 18, 2009 04:43PM
Ali,

I think your ideas are great! However, it sounds very costly he..he. but hey, what ever it takes. You are a TRUE bigbore enthusiast, you would do all that just to get a bigbore. It made me appreciate the freedom here that we have here in the States. Good luck to you!

Regards,

Peter
April 18, 2009 03:34PM
Doug Alder
Perrysburg, OH

Benjamin .177 pump (age 12, great gun, still works)
Beeman R9, .177, (Modified by Russ Best)
Theoben Eliminator Rapid 12, .22
Career 707 .22
Career 9mm (serial number 00001)
Barnes Ranger .32 Prototype
Barnes Delta .32 Magnum, custom laminate stock (given to son #1)
On Ledger: Barnes Delta .32 magnum, custom color laminate stock (son #2 awaiting anxiously)
On Ledger: Barnes Tundra .45 magnum (500 fpe), color laminate stock (for me!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 02:01AM by dlalder.
April 18, 2009 04:53PM
Hi Doug,

Very impressive collection! Thanks for posting your arsenal.
April 19, 2009 03:05AM
Hi Doug,

Hey ... you're one Barnes short, aren't you? Meaning ... I sent two already. You DID get the other one ... didn't you? excited

winking smiley Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 05:09PM by barnespneumatic.
April 20, 2009 12:32AM
Your right, Gary. I didn't count that one because I gave it to my son, didn't think he would appreciate me claiming it as mine anymore. It is beautiful, though, and I'm sure the others will be equally so.
April 19, 2009 05:59PM
Wow!

you have great collections of air guns.

My collection:

Tuned Sam Yang 909 big bore; it is cal .469 smooth bore; it has 30'' long bore to utilize air. I shoot shots and slugs with it... don't know exact fpe numbers but it eats air about twice in comparison to original set up.

Career II 707 carbine cal .25

Weichrauch HW 40 PCA single stroke pneumatic pistol.

Hatsan 125/ Walther Falcon Hunter springer.
April 22, 2009 03:13AM
Hi Seppo!

Nice collection! Good job on your 909 mods! I bet it's a lot more powerful than the stock gun.
April 21, 2009 09:13AM
I still have my first air-rifle, a Daisy Model 95... very beat up and worn, and though it still works, I don't shoot it any more. Just there for the memories.

My other guns, in no particular order:

1. Crosman Model 2200

2. Crosman Model 600

3. Walther PPKs CO2

4. Beeman P1 Magnum (.177, combat grips, stainless finish, fully tuned by Beeman)

5. Beeman/Webley Tempest (.177, combat grips, trigger shoe, fully tuned by Beeman)

6. And somewhere, I have a Daisy Model 188, my fave snail/slug gun... can't find it, though. (*sigh*)

Unfortunately, I'm out of work and financially a mess. If I manage to survive and pull myself out of the mire, I wouldn't mind adding a Barnes to my collection. Either a Maverick or an Appaloosa, with some unique touches to make it my own. Hard part? Deciding between the .25 and the .32 caliber, though I do like the idea of having "my gun" set up for those "buckslugs" I've heard tell of....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 09:14AM by Roose Hurro.
April 21, 2009 01:02PM
Hi Roose,

Barnes gun or not ... I sincerely hope things turn around for you. That's a stressful position to be in. Been there quite a few times. Keep true to yourself. Do the things that were successful for you in the past. Don't be afraid to make a big move. It can give you a fresh start and new perspective. Last - stick with your friends. We're glad you enjoy the site here.

Best,
Gary
April 22, 2009 03:23AM
Hi Roose,

You have a nice airpistol collection there! I like the P1 Magnum pistol. My childhood favortite gun was the Crossman 2200 Magnum, took a lot of games with that gun. Thanks for posting your guns!
April 22, 2009 07:26AM
Peter-n, thank you....

Had a good deal of fun with my 2200, as well. Unfortunately, the seals have gone, and it needs repair, but I still have it (somewhere around here). Someday, I'll be able to get it repaired, I hope. Though I missed (and annoyed) more jacks than I ever hit, due to the limits of power and range (decided the .22 LR worked best for the bunnies). Still a fun gun, though. Hey, Garry...? Ever thought of making a pump-pneumatic? whistling grinning smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 22, 2009 12:56AM
Yes, I enjoy the site and the conversation. I know I can ask a lot of questions and propose concepts that may seem (probably are) a bit "out there", but that is the curse of a creative mind. When I first got into adult airgunning, I always wondered if there was anyone out there who made airguns from scratch, so I could look into having somthing one-of-a-kind made. Unfortunately, I found you way too late (missed the time when $495 and a three-month wait was all it took). Still, you're here, and I've been here long enough to see things grow and develop... you even took a suggestion I made way back, when I was on the StraitShooters Forum, and came up with... I believe you called it the "Predator"...? A falling-block air-rifle that uses "cartridges" to hold and chamber the pellet. Unfortunately, I couldn't take one of the five slots opened, but it was still great to see you made my concept real. Thanks for that....

Oh, and thanks for the support/advice. It helps... and I'm stubborn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 12:58AM by Roose Hurro.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021