Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 50 Cal. Outrider - 3 "D" test

50 Cal. Outrider - 3 "D" test
November 30, 2015 11:08PM
I pushed in a brief test right before dark. Our first "D" / Dusk. scholar

image.jpeg

I finished the most recent 50 cal mold last week. I made a sizing die set today. It will be up to the buyer if he wishes to purchase these. However; I'd sold my last set with the last rifle.

I did not get to cast the other evening when I thought I might. I just wasn't up to it. I'll get it very soon. And so, I grabbed some rejected 50 cal. slugs. Cast from the last couple of molds. (I send a bag with the rifles for immediate testing). I dug out these duds. Our second "D" / Duds.

image.jpeg

I grabbed a 4x Simmons Shotgun Scope from the drawer. Clamped it on. Our 3rd "D" / Drawer.

image.jpeg

Tacked a card stock on a pine tree with an ice pick. At 51 yards. I took a sighted. The last of the light. Then quickly shot three by "Holding Off" for my aim. It will shoot with good slugs. It wants to shoot with junk.

On the way back I picked up things shining in my phone's flashlight Ap.

image.jpeg

Fragments of an 87 caliber 925 grain slug, which had taken out my steel Full size Fox target. It had "Taco'd" the heavy steel target and broken a weld. We did this Thanksgiving Afternoon.

I laid the pcs out - back together. That is a PELLET TIN that it hides. Take a look at that when you pull out a tin. THAT'S gonna leave a mark!!! Haha.

We will continue. Working on Sal's PC. As much, as fast, as I'm able.

Thanks,
Gary
image.jpeg
December 01, 2015 12:24AM
That ones going to shoot for sure! I know you won't let that group stand for long.

I always thought those splats would make cool jewelry. If you could only coat it to keep the lead from making your head mush from skin contact. That splats as big as I've ever seen .

Kent
December 01, 2015 04:26AM
Hi Kent,

They could be Plated. Nice Gold 87 Splat ...Understated Elegance.

Or, they could be replicated in polymer then plated. The possibilities are endless.

thumbs up

Gary
December 02, 2015 10:02AM
HI kent and Gary,
Now that is a SPLAT!!! BTW, there is a company that makes jewelry out of fired slugs. I see their ad a lot, but can't remember the name. They take the slug and frame it in something like a gold lockett (for lack of a better word), but I don't think there are a lot of people strong enough to wear that splat ! Hahaha.
Later,
KJeff
December 02, 2015 03:37PM
Ah, common Jeff ......

You know ya want a gold 87 Splat pendant ... You would be THE MAN! Everybody would think you were a Nobel Laureate (or Flava Flave)

"festive"

Gary
December 03, 2015 12:32AM
Hey Gary,
Yeah but it's to big for a fitty cent!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021